Refer a friend offer, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~ Fickle Feet ~

Reaction score
I'm thinking of running a new refer a friend offer to attract a few new clients....what do you all do as your refer a friend offers?

xxx

we do a 15% discount for the friend and 20% for the client who reffered them. its quite popular.

xx

I mainly concentrate on doing this for spray tans.
My offer is refer a friend and you get your tan for just £10.
I then say the same to the friend at the end. But I clearly state that the appointment must be at the same time at the same location.
If I go to a client for another treatment I will give her 5 business cards with her name on them. I tell her to give them out and if one comes back to me she will get 20% off her next treatment.
xxx

My refer a friend offer is once they refer a friend - friend has to give full name of the person who refered them and they both receive 25% off their treatment.

No1 has actually taken up on this offer yet but i havent really told many

hths x

The client thats refering the friend gets £5 off their next appointment and the new client get 15% off there first appointment.

I do both people get £5 off their next treatment costing over £20. I like the idea of clients name on the back and her getting a discount, good plan! I may poach that one! (Ooh I am a terribly thief!) Lx

For any client who sends me a referral they get their next service for FREE. But this only applies once (so I don't have them referring 10 people and getting 10 free services :wink2:)
The person who comes as the referral pays full price, but all my clients receive loyalty rewards for their repeated services.

Thanks for all your ideas!
I'd like to have something in place to give to clients at the end of their treatment that is applicable to all services, although I do love the focus on one treatment idea too!
I guess I'll give it more thought!

We never discount our work so for a refer a friend scheme, I did a deal with the local florist and we send a bunch of flowers to say thank you. Costs me about 10 quid a time.
The clients love it

We never discount our work so for a refer a friend scheme, I did a deal with the local florist and we send a bunch of flowers to say thank you. Costs me about 10 quid a time.
The clients love it

Thats a nice thought!

I do a 25% off 1st treatment & when they have had their treatment, we issue a £10 voucher to the person who gave us the referral. The voucher is actually £5 for beauty & £5 for hair services.

-p-

i have recommend a friend cards which have a space for the clients name who recommended them and a space for the new clients name the new client hands this in at there first treatment and they both get a £5 off voucher! i use the back of the recommend a friend cards to write existing clients appointments on so they all have them! xx

I offer free nail art to the client doing the referring. I am not a big advocate of discounting my prices as I believe I am worth every penny and I don't want to give anyone the impression that I am worth the discounted rate. Just my opinion! Marketing classes have taught me to always keep my prices the same and offer something free that doesn't cost me much - just a bit of time!

Good luck!

I offer free nail art to the client doing the referring. I am not a big advocate of discounting my prices as I believe I am worth every penny and I don't want to give anyone the impression that I am worth the discounted rate. Just my opinion! Marketing classes have taught me to always keep my prices the same and offer something free that doesn't cost me much - just a bit of time!

Good luck!

Love the Nail Art idea.... will have to implement that one!

Hi these are great posts, nice to see all the ideas gives me a different view. I give the client a gift voucher to use in the salon, but not to the new client. The recommendation seems to be enough?

Could I have some constructive criticism on my refer a friend cards please
cae5e2cbf31c2eb2b42c87a9277dc871.jpg
fa186adc93913613ea8d5d0aea45dd00.jpg

I'm thinking of running a new refer a friend offer to attract a few new clients....what do you all do as your refer a friend offers?

xxx

I used to do a 25% off for each when I started and needed to get a client base. You might think wow that’s a lot but out of those if you get even one rebooking it’s worth it. 7 years later and they are all still coming to see me. Its useful for during a very quiet time or if you haven’t had any new clients for a while but 15/20% is plenty.

But when every other person coming in has a voucher you will get deflated. They never ever bother to tell you they have one. An idea is to give them to your best clients that are big spenders. They will bring you friends that are similar to them.

Latest posts

Back