Refer a friend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldgaltherapist

Reaction score
Is a ₤5 voucher to an existing client and 10% discount of a 1st treatment to the friend they refer, a reasonable amount? I don't want to come across as mean!

apologies if I am repeating anything in other threads - brainstorming causes my brain .....well to storm and stop taking note of others!

:lol:

I was thinking of doin this but was just going to give a £5 voucher to existing client. Maybe i should be offering discount to new client too...x
Posted via Mobile Device

I offer the £5 voucher to the client and 15% off first treatment to the friend and hopefully the cycle begins lol..xx

Would just a £5 voucher to just the existing client once their referral has booked and kept an appointment be too mean??

I've been offering a free basic manicure/pedicure to the existing client once their friend has made and kept their appointment. The idea being they can refer as many friends as they like! Now Im worried Im too stingy!!

I offer the existing client a £5 off voucher and the new client gets 20% off their first treatment....if thats a spray tan the the existing clients gets a tan for £15 and the new client would get theirs for £16 so its pretty even xx

It is actually a nice idea to give something to both parties. I have been doing a refer a friend for my first few months to build up my client base - my thought was to reward those that help me out. So I have been giving 20% discount to the one who refers a friend, but nothing to the new client. Maybe if I do it again in the future I will reward both lol x

I offer the rebate ONLY to the person referring the other (in other words, to the existing client).
My refer a friend program goes like this: After 5 referrals have held an appointment with me for services of $25.00 or more, then my client (the referer) gets a free service value of $25.00.

This is my gift to her for the advertising she did for me.

As for the newbie.. I don't want newbies showing up ONLY for the rebate and then never return, which is a loss of money for me. You don't make much on new sets. You make your money mostly on refills/rebalances and retail.
I don't owe the newbie anything but a quality service, but I do owe my loyal regular my appreciation for her custom and her advertising of my services.
The newbie can then become a regular and reap the same rewards.

My refer a friend policy is refer 3 friends and you get an hours treatment free, and those friends all get £5 off their first treatment. :)

Thank you everyone for your input, really helpful. You all do some really good things for your clients. I shall have to think carefully how I want to do this and if it will work.

You are all stars!

these ideas sound fab! Think i may join in the old refer a friend scheme and see how it works

Hello guys, I give clients a treat for refering friends, most of my clients are by word of mouth so if you give a discount to the new people too surely a cycle will begin when you are giving loads of people a discount. Do you put your prices so that you take this into account? I usualy give my nail clients a mini solar oil for refering a client, and five pounds off hair clients or I cut one of their kids hair for free or something like that for refering. As im mobile I am coming into their homes so the child wil be there anyway or they get a mini intensive conditioner or something like that is this normal lol xx:eek:

i read with interest your refer a friend scheme, but, how would you do it without seeming pushy... thro printed literature? stating for every friend that books an appointment, they would get £2 off their booking and the original client would get £5 off their treatment?
i thought i would make £2 gift vouchers (numbered) to my regular client so when the new client comes in they bring the numbered voucher....help please xx

Refer a friend schemes are brilliant.

I've always found it's much better to go 'full out' and give something free to the friend.

Otherwise it's kinda - 'so what'...

Give away a freebie but MAKE SURE you have a way to get some money in AS SOON as they come in.

Brend x

Latest posts

Back