Referral discount

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Debs

Reaction score
I`m thinking of giving some sort of discount to clients who bring in new clientelle, has anyone done this and how much discount have you or would you give the client that refers you????

Hi Debbie

I've just started a similar promotion, so can't tell you if it works well or not, but I am new to nails and will try anything, well.. maybe not quite! roll

For each client I do, i am giving them 5 of my price lists with their name on the back,and ask if they mind handing them to friends or any one they think would like to have their nails done. If a new client comes to me I check if there is a name on the back if so that person receives 20% off of their next treatment. I hoping that it will encourage the first person to not only advertise for me, but also come back to me if they feel they will get a discount, that's if my excellent work and sunny personality don't do the trick! lol I then do the same with the next client. You may want to try with 10%, I just need to build up my clientele!

Hope you can make sense of the above and it has been of some help!

Keep smiling
Sue X

Please Please Please do not use the word DISCOUNT. We are professionals.

Ask yourself this question ... ??
Are you ever worth less today than next week?

What kind of signals are you sending out to everyone?
1. You're short of clients???
2. You're making so much you can afford to cut your prices???
3. You're at the low end of the market??

20% of say only £30 is £6!! Now think of this....

Give a gift with service instead !!
:idea: :idea:

The gift could be a funky file or a bottle of enamel of their choice or even a small bottle of SolarOil. The product you choose will cost YOU less than 5-10% of your service charge.

The client will see it as a big gift at retail value.
And you don't look like your are running a discount store.

I repeat ... we are professionals.

Hi :)

I have to say i have been doing this with only one of my clients, she is a girl from the local high school and i did her set initially for free and told her that each new client she would bring me i would take off $5 from her next infill, so far this has had an amazing response, she is working for her infills as my sales woman as she calls it :D

I have gone from having 2 regular clients to well on my way to almost 30 regulars. She was only here this after noon for her free infills that she had worked for and she took a stack of my business cards again today and a price list which she is pinning up on the school notice board.

Im not only getting high school seniors im also getting their Mums and Aunts and older sisters too!!

I dont know if this would work for everyone but it is certinaly working for me , and my work has improved so much that im almost busting with pride and my husband is getting sick of me talking about it :D

Gegg: I havent used a white tip in weeks!! I am doing them all with normal tips and the white powder im so proud of myself, thank you so much for your advice a few weeks ago it was invaluable!

Kerrie :)

thanks for your advice.......I`m now quite unsure about it all. I always take geeg`s advice without question and as usual its a brilliant suggestion. But now listening to how well Kerrie is doing with her PR lady I`m in a bit of a dither.
I suppose it would come down to how well your PR does, I think if I did that with one lady I`d have to do it to others and then as geeg says, I`ll soon be out of pocket......Thats it I`ve made up my mind, I`m with geeg`s advice. Thank you again

hi...what about calling it something other than discount...ie, reward scheme...i was thinking of introducing something similar...but im put off by the word discount now...im doing my leaflets later aswell, so any tips greatly appreciated...
i was thinking of handing my clients leaflets or biz cards with my name on the back and each referral the client gets a discount...!!! but i need another word now!!! Vicky x

Hi Debbie :)

I was unsure to do this at first, but i dont do it for every client and i agree with geeg as well, in this case its working for me.

I dont offer any of my other clients a discount for referrals , i usually thank them next time they come in and offer them a coffee and cake afternoon tea lol i have done that with a few .

But the amount of clients i am getting from the girl from the local high school has amazed me i cant belive im getting so busy in such a short time, i thought perhaps after 12 months i might have around 30 regular clients but its now been 3 months and i have clients booked in each day of the week, i guess its just finding that right person with an out there personality , the girl i do from the high school loves her nails so much she wants all her friends to have them so i figured to keep giving her little rewards as she is so enthusiastic about it and wants to help me as well.

This is working for me at the moment, but i can see what geeg is saying about discounting, its leaving a open opportunity for certian clients to take advantage and also makes you feel guitly if you offer one client and then not another for referrals.

I work from home so its not very easy to get clients as it would be being out there in a salon to be seen , so i just picked one of my friends daughters in the local high school and its working for the moment, and of course i ask her to be discreet and not tell anyone that she is "working" for her nails as others could come to expect it as well.

Kerrie :)

Hi everyone

Geeg is spot on, and if you know this woman you would know why. I have only meet her over a five day period in the states, and her expeience and passion oozes every pore. Mine has been referred to as having sweeping "C"'s running through her vains, Geegs are oozing. You need to remember that you are the PROFESSIONAL and if you do not believe it know one will ever treat you that way. I know hard it is the beginning, but I have offered a favour such as pinkie SolarOil in the past and this has been as rewarding for me as it is for the clients. Also it creates upselling as the clients continue to purchase SolarOil as they see the benefits to there nail enhancements from the favour that YOU offered them. Thats my 20 cents worth.

Cherie
[/quote]

Okay, okay, I get the message I'll have a rethink, and to think i thought it was a good idea when i came up with it! lol

Thanks all
Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back