Referral scheme?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holistic2010

Reaction score
Dear geeks,

My Wellbeing centre has been up and running for nearly 2 years, and we have certainly had our ups and downs, and learned so much from the whole experience.

As we all know times are tough, and as a business we want to do what we can for our existing clientele, as well as attracting new ones. I am one of those businesses out there which is determined to survive through this madness!

I now have a marketing executive which works for me getting us out there, contacting B&B's, advertising our rooms to rent, working on cutting our costs, etc etc.....

One thing I really want to tackle now is some sort of referral scheme. Can anyone help and share their ideas?? I already have a loyalty scheme in place which works well, but I know from experience the word of mouth trick works wonders :D

Do you do a point system, or a stamp system? Is anyone willing to share??

Thank you xx

hi have you tried recommend a friend?

Yes, that's the sort of thing I was hoping to get some advice on. How much discount, or do you get maybe 5 referrals then a free treatment or something?

im hair but you could adapt it to beauty.

i have done in the past.

existing clients receives rec a friend voucher which she fills out her details on name address - gives to friend

friend brings it to salon for 50% off design cut

new client leaves salon with a new rec a friend voucher with her details on to give to a different friend

as a thank you to 1st client you post her a 50% off voucher for design cut..

so they all get a thank you 50% off after they have rec a new client, which encourages them to come back a just not get 1st offer..

Dont know if i have explained this very well, you could push it for treatments that arent doing to good or have low product cost. we would never give discount on colour, and 50% seems alot but it a big enough discount for the client to notice and also 50% more than what you would have had..

Ooooo thank you! Thats a big discount, but I can see why clients would def take advantage of such an offer!!! Great :D

yea it is but we were about £35 for cut so we still made money. could it not work for waxing or massage where product cost is lower? dont think it would work for 10/20% off thats only a few quid..

Oh yeah, we could def find treatments for which that could work! Thank you :D did you get many people using this scheme?

ideally you want your client to try out everything. In terms that you are a wellbeing centre, how about every client, including existing. Have a card where in terms you may stamp for, instead of £5 of a treatment, free nail art on stamp 3, indian head massage add on extra £5 with this stamp 8, stamp 1 hopi ear candle, and sinus massage.

This idea of changing up the referral scheme so your able to repeat existing clientelle to spend more to want more, and to tell ther friends that if you come in for a file and varnish you might get free nail art with it, but it has to be done in a certain way. Word of mouth and its a something that you can introduce when its quiet.

To be fair, its up to you but have a play around to distinguish what is not time consuming and is a easy add on to ensure that your client has it stamped in terms of setting out a terms and conditions on it, ie must be booked in advance, only stamped on mon-weds etc xoxo

yea it was massive i also know other salons to use it and worked, i feel 5 stamps then 1 free treatment is along way off and i personally dont keep the cards. where this is immediate discount which they like. we would also use the opportunity to discuss colour and or other treatments products/retail. its an opportunity to sell yourself to new clients and still cover costs. i think ebay do some rec a friend vouchers that you could have a look at then get them printed yourself, hope you find away to introduce new clients,

Hi Holistic 2010...this is something I would like to introduce. have you started yet? is it working? what wording did you decide on the cards (the most difficult bit for me!)
Thanks x

Latest posts

Back