Referral Schemes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi peeps, just wondered how many of you do a referral scheme i.e recommend a friend and receive a discount etc.. if so do you make up vouchers or coupons etc just looking for some inspirational ideas on how to create some recommend a friend cards thanks in advance x x

Hi Kelly,

I give my clients a little card with their name on to give to their friend to bring along to their appointment. When I receive it, I make a note on the client record card to say they are entitled to discount on their next appointment. Not sure if I've explained that very well!!

Hope that helps!

natalie day said:
Hi Kelly,

I give my clients a little card with their name on to give to their friend to bring along to their appointment. When I receive it, I make a note on the client record card to say they are entitled to discount on their next appointment. Not sure if I've explained that very well!!

Hope that helps!
Hi Natalie i understand lol!!

I was thinking something along the lines of their name i.e Tracey has recommended ........ to your salon etc. Ive got it in my head but cant quite get it on paper!! x

I did mine on little business cards (you can buy packs from staples and places like that if you dont want to spend loads..) What about this....

Nails N More
Tel: blah blah blah
Mobile Beauty Therapist/Nails etc etc etc

............................ (full name of existing client)
Has recommended ........................... (new client name)
to Nails N More and is therefore entitled to 10% off their next treatment.

Nails N More welcomes all clients old and new so please call today to make your appointment!

I haven't got one of mine on me at the mo, so can't remember what I put and I'm using a different computer!!! But I think its something along those lines above! I think its important to put about the discount, then the new client will want to recommend a friend also if they are going to get discount!

What do you think?

Thanks Nat, i was thinking along them lines and your suggestion is great thanks i will definately work along those lines x

I have mulled over loads of threads like this one over time and I keep coming back to thinking - I want my clients to recommend me because of the great job I do rather than because they will get a discount.

I always offer people the option to take some business cards and to write their name on the back and to pass them on when they can. I always ask new clients where they got my name from so that I can do some form of reporting on the best forms of advertising.

I do not offer a large incentive but I do not charge them for their varnishing or nail art or equivalent when they come next.

I always think that it is better to get a great group of clientele who come bacause of the service and not because of the freebies - people are fickle and if your clients only come because of the "incentives" then if the salon down the road does better incentives this month then they may go there.

Just something else to think about.

Hi there!

I do use a referral scheme but only with certain clients, if like recently I move to a new area then obviously it is very hard to simply be taken by word of mouth, you need the mouths in the first place right?? so I ask 1 or 2 new clients to see if they can get me any more clients and they will receive an amount off their next service, it's always worked fantastically well for me, saves on any advertising and gets that 'word of mouth' out there alot quicker! I've got 10 models to do on Sunday for a fashion show so I'm thinkin that could be enough word of mouth for me for now!! :lol: J xx

Hi Jo Jo, your right i did a re-balance last night on a client that has stuck with me since i started - she originally had a mma attack and we had to remove and re-apply and she said last night that she is so happy with her nails now - and she has given my number to a few of her friends so i ahvent mentioned anything but she wants a pedicure soon and so i will give her a discount - its nice to know people have faith in you and praise you at the end of it x

Latest posts

Back