Refresh bobbed ombré

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LisaJM

Reaction score
Hi there. I have a client with a concave Bob who has ombré effect on her hair. She has previously had (not done by me) a base 5 on the roots and the ombré on the ends with bleach 6%. I have 2 questions....

1: I usually use balyage technique for an ombré style. I would colour roots a base 6 and blend midlengths to a base 8 and balyage bleach through midlengths and ends. Would this technique work on a bob? It's a lot less length to work with for blending the colours.

2: The ends are a very light blonde already as she wants the same effect as she previously had but freshening up. I obviously don't need lift on the ends but do need to tone down roots again. Was thinking of doing roots with a base 6 and fading to midlengths and then balyage a few strands with bleach on the midlengths (over the fade line of the colour). Was then thinking of putting a base 10 colour on the very ends. Would this work?

Hi there. I have a client with a concave Bob who has ombré effect on her hair. She has previously had (not done by me) a base 5 on the roots and the ombré on the ends with bleach 6%. I have 2 questions....

1: I usually use balyage technique for an ombré style. I would colour roots a base 6 and blend midlengths to a base 8 and balyage bleach through midlengths and ends. Would this technique work on a bob? It's a lot less length to work with for blending the colours.

2: The ends are a very light blonde already as she wants the same effect as she previously had but freshening up. I obviously don't need lift on the ends but do need to tone down roots again. Was thinking of doing roots with a base 6 and fading to midlengths and then balyage a few strands with bleach on the midlengths (over the fade line of the colour). Was then thinking of putting a base 10 colour on the very ends. Would this work?
I would touch up the roots first blend them into the mid shaft and than take a blending brush I like the blur brush and gently balayage the ends and blend them into the color you brought down from the root, creates a beautiful seamless ombré!

Latest posts

Back