Refreshments in a salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsHBeauty

Reaction score
Currently we offer tea, coffe, water or squash.

Tea and coffee is served in mugs, water adn squash in glasses (obv)

Id like to make this side of our service nicer.

I am going to get some cups and saucers (most people dont finish their tea/coffee as a mug is alot)

I was thinking of putting a little biscuit or choccy on the saucer does anyone do this?

A chocc might melt? but you can get them wrapped in a personalised sleeve hich I like (like the kind one s you get when you go for an indian) otherwise i was thinking of the biscuits you get in nice coffee shops.

Does anyoe know where i can get the nice biscuits individually wrapped from?

What refreshments do you serve? and in what (cups etc)?

xx

Currently we offer tea, coffe, water or squash.

Tea and coffee is served in mugs, water adn squash in glasses (obv)

Id like to make this side of our service nicer.

I am going to get some cups and saucers (most people dont finish their tea/coffee as a mug is alot)

I was thinking of putting a little biscuit or choccy on the saucer does anyone do this?

A chocc might melt? but you can get them wrapped in a personalised sleeve hich I like (like the kind one s you get when you go for an indian) otherwise i was thinking of the biscuits you get in nice coffee shops.

Does anyoe know where i can get the nice biscuits individually wrapped from?

What refreshments do you serve? and in what (cups etc)?

xx

Aston and fincher do these individual biscuits, I serve,
Tea, coffee, latte, mocha, cappuccino, earl grey, green tea, peppermint tea, still or sparkling water, flavoured coffee's and squash! All hot drinks are served on a ceramic tray, with a bowl with brown and white sugar cubes, with a biscuit x

Aston and fincher do these individual biscuits, I serve,
Tea, coffee, latte, mocha, cappuccino, earl grey, green tea, peppermint tea, still or sparkling water, flavoured coffee's and squash! All hot drinks are served on a ceramic tray, with a bowl with brown and white sugar cubes, with a biscuit x

Oh ps tea is loose tea served in a glass infusion tea pot, coffee the same, from Starbucks! Freshly ground for client x

Oh ps tea is loose tea served in a glass infusion tea pot, coffee the same, from Starbucks! Freshly ground for client x

Wow, id love to do all of that!

I have a recpetionist starting in September so her job will be to serve refreshments so I might add more options in when she starts

I found these Lotus Caramelised Biscuits, 300 Individually Wrapped: Amazon.co.uk: Grocery

Seems reasonable.

Do you have a drinks menu, or do you just reel off all the options from memory?

x

I used to work in an exclusive shoe shop and we served fresh tea and coffee with individually wrapped shortbread from walkers which always went down very well, especially with the waiting husbands lol.

Do you think it is different for a beauty salon to a hair salon?

Many beauty treatments dont have a gap for a drink, we do offer anyone waiting a drink and also any family that are waiting, we offer them a drink aswell.

x

We offer clients a range of teas and coffee's etc.

Just upgraded our coffee machine, to a 2 group model. I like gadgets lol.

Great machines though, gives the coffee shop feel to a salon.

You also need water supply pretty close, as machine has to be plumbed in.

You do have to know how to use these machines though, but have some links on youtube that are brilliant tutorials on how to do the various drinks, and ofcourse maintain the machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always give a chocolate biscuit with there drink but sometimes I make truffles for my clients they really love them and r always asking for the recipe,one batch makes about 60 and they keep for about 2 wks in the fridge :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Im afraid i am going to be a bit negative.

Go with the cheapest option. Is it really going to make a difference to your return rate, or attract new clients [the only way people would know about the drinks is if they had been before anyway]

Business is about profit at the end of the day. Unless of course there was maybe a 30p price rise on services to cover the additional cost ;-0

Don't get me wrong - im not against a good impression at all, i just think we need to watch the purse [or wallet in my case]

Not properly read through so sorry if this has been said but morrisons sell the lotus biscuits individually wrapper, 99p for a pack of 20 and all of our customers comment on what a nice touch it is. Its the little things that can often set you apart from other great salons in my opinion x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Im afraid i am going to be a bit negative.

Go with the cheapest option. Is it really going to make a difference to your return rate, or attract new clients [the only way people would know about the drinks is if they had been before anyway]

Business is about profit at the end of the day. Unless of course there was maybe a 30p price rise on services to cover the additional cost ;-0

Don't get me wrong - im not against a good impression at all, i just think we need to watch the purse [or wallet in my case]
Whilst obviously business is about profit - no one does what they do out of the goodness of their hearts - the above lichfields biscuits are only 25p a packet (delivered) which, if you're a luxury salon who is charging the appropriate prices, isn't going to bust the bank that much compared to a 5p/pack lotus (which are obviously still nicer than nothing!). And it does set you apart from the cheaper/budget - it's the little touches that give them the reason to come back to you.

With regards to the is there a difference between the hair/beauty salons question: yes, I think there is. With hairdressing, they tend to be in there for longer and they are more sitting in the one place for longer than is usual for beauty treatments - eyebrow waxing, etc. But for treatments like pedicures, where they'll be sitting for a while, it's a fab idea.

p.s. I like the borders biscuits, you can get them individually wrapped and they're less than 30p/pack.... and I LOVE the idea of tea in a cup and saucer, rather than just a mug - it totally satisfies my need to pretty little bits and pieces as well :o

OOOH i want to come to your salon, it really is nice when someone goes that extra mile for clients.

Well you'd all lose my vote with all those biscuits, I only eat hob nobs ;) hehe. I love a proper frothy latte though or twinings English breakfast for tea. Cup & saucer is definitely a great idea x

We bought a tissimo drinks machine it's fab and we can get refills from local supermarket
We printed and laminated a drinks menu and put on prices. Yes we charge but it's only from 50p and I have had no complaints.we did buy boxes of the little chocs with our salon name on but it cost a fortune. I got the company details from an Indian restaurant.

Double sided drinks menu on silver paper with salon colours, laminated x

Hi Bluerinse, do you mind sharing the drinks menu for idea purpose. I'll love to incorporate this into my service too. Thanks

Hi Bluerinse, do you mind sharing the drinks menu for idea purpose. I'll love to incorporate this into my service too. Thanks

Once I'm back off holiday I will hun....may need to PM me and remind me x

In our salon we have a really nice machine that offers cappachino,lattes,mocchachino,hot chocci,all sorts of tea infusions and many other!

We have froffy milk type whisks and we sprinkle choc powder on the top.

At xmas my bosses mum always makes mince pies which we serve in the salon.

We also offer filtered water which goes down well at the moment!
Although i agree that it wont give you return business and its an expense,however its often the litle touches that make paople want to return.We always find new clients always comment on our fairtrade coffees/teas and how lovely they are.

It just adds a little personal touch which is important.
When i went to a salon to get waxing and tiniting done recently i was offered coffee and it was lovely fresh ground.It does make a difference!
x

Once I'm back off holiday I will hun....may need to PM me and remind me x

Ok, I will in a couple of weeks time. Hope you have a fab time?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back