Refreshments in the salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd think surly if you're not charging for the wine/fizz whatever it wouldn't be a problem. xx

That's what my sister argued that she wasn't charging them but they insisted it would've been included when costing treatments therefore they are being charged. Ridiculous!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Tea & coffee maybe even mochas & lattes some fizzy drinks including diet/sugar free are some good refreshments to have in 😊 x

This is just the thread I'm looking for! Def think everyone needs a drink offering, I know how thirsty I have been rushing to apps. But apart from what drinks to offer, I wondered if anyone had any solutions to having a small room (so not having space for coffee machine/kettle/fridge) but not really wanting to leave all my shellac, eyelash and tanning kit with a stranger (I'm a new salon so no regulars yet!) while I make them a drink! Also do people keep their takings on them at all times? So much to think about! :)

Anyone not offering drinks due to nail dust/particles settling on the top, get a couple of THESE :) x

Last edited:
Anyone not offering drinks due to nail dust/particles, get a couple of THESE :) x

Can't see the link :(
I'm intrigued! !

Can't see the link :(
I'm intrigued! !

JemmaB just click the word THESE in Blue and it will take you to the eBay oage :)

Haha nooo Virtues I mean when the nail dust & particles settles on top of the drink! Yuck.
Sorry I should have made that a more clear :o Fixed it now! x

Fab thread :)

Starting a home-based beauty business next year and was wondering if there are any requirements legally regarding offering refreshments. Is it just alcohol that is a issue?

Fab thread :)

Starting a home-based beauty business next year and was wondering if there are any requirements legally regarding offering refreshments. Is it just alcohol that is a issue?

There are no legal requirements for the usual refreshments - however to offer biscuits that are individually wrapped is better from a H&S/hygiene point of view.

You can offer alcohol - you just can't charge for it!

This is why Rush (local big salon to me, not sure if it's a chain?) does bottles of cider and lager. I know few guys go there just for that despite the fact there triple in cost to a turkish barbers. Some of the stylists are worth it, some aren't. Same as anywhere I guess. I myself been there and it was a challenge to drink as much bud beer to get my moneys worth! Specially as I wasn't happy with the cut.

This is why Rush (local big salon to me, not sure if it's a chain?) does bottles of cider and lager. I know few guys go there just for that despite the fact there triple in cost to a turkish barbers. Some of the stylists are worth it, some aren't. Same as anywhere I guess. I myself been there and it was a challenge to drink as much bud beer to get my moneys worth! Specially as I wasn't happy with the cut.

I think sometimes you can go overboard with the refreshments and end up running a cafe/bar. Tea, coffee and cold drink is acceptable..I know people like to offer a little something different which is great..but to have a shopping list for refreshments longer than the list of weekly product requirements, to me would cause irritation.

I think sometimes you can go overboard with the refreshments and end up running a cafe/bar. Tea, coffee and cold drink is acceptable..I know people like to offer a little something different which is great..but to have a shopping list for refreshments longer than the list of weekly product requirements, to me would cause irritation.
I agree. At the end of the day your there for that treatment/service not for a drink. A few basic hot and cold drinks are more than fine. It's just a thought, little extra as it were.

I'm afraid that I not correct for all regions. My landlady was told that she couldn't offer an alcoholic drink although she didn't charge for it. They argued that it was included in the price like tea or coffee and therefore was calculated in the price of a hair cut/service. They are really strict in some places, best check it out to be sure.

If you don't want your coffe machine and etc to get dusty or be on display to your clients you can get a little bench or table and put a room divider around it!
I find it a little bit of a turn off when the coffee machine/ kitchen is on display in a salon. I worked in a salon that didnt have a separate room for the kitchen so we had to pretty much eat in the salon so that everyone could see us and make the coffees/refreshments. I've bought a room divider to cover my little area for the home salon :)
Xx

I'm afraid that I not correct for all regions. My landlady was told that she couldn't offer an alcoholic drink although she didn't charge for it. They argued that it was included in the price like tea or coffee and therefore was calculated in the price of a hair cut/service. They are really strict in some places, best check it out to be sure.

I find that really surprising although I shouldn't be. It's a little like the music licenses in that it depends who you speak to. A lot of the salons like Charles Worthington have a menu of drinks including alcohol. I would never think that different areas have different rules! Like had been said on here so many times, this site is great for advice but check for yourself!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I find that really surprising although I shouldn't be. It's a little like the music licenses in that it depends who you speak to. A lot of the salons like Charles Worthington have a menu of drinks including alcohol. I would never think that different areas have different rules! Like had been said on here so many times, this site is great for advice but check for yourself!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

And as an addition to this advice from Squidgernetball, don't always take what the first operator tells you, if you phone back and speak to a different operator you will probably receive a different answer!

Latest posts

Back