Refunds! Hair extensions client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle Eacock

Bubbles89
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I have a new client who after fitting messaged how in love she was with her hair. She then 2 weeks later messaged me asking for a refund because she wasn't 100% happy with them. Her reason being;

• She didn't notice straight away how bad the blending was & how they don't look natural. She doesn't want to 'singe' her hair everyday styling them in so they blend.

She also explained she went to another hairdresser to have them cut but clearly she still isn't happy with them.

I replied explaining my terms & conditions plus there being no need for her to go elsewhere if she had a problem this could of been rectified by myself for free etc

A 2 further weeks later (it's now been almost 6 weeks since her initial fitting on 29th March) she's replied saying the amount of styling / blending she was having to do daily was rediculous & damaging her natural hair therefore she still demands a refund.

What do you think guys? I will attach / post the following pictures if I can;

• The photo I took of the finished result
• The photo she sent me after 2 weeks wear plus having them cut by another hairdresser (my initial thought was they look abit thinner than when I fitted them)
• A copy of my service agreement form she has signed

Any help would be very much so Appriciated xxx

Attachments

• IMG_20190410_184415_166.jpg
    IMG_20190410_184415_166.jpg
    443.3 KB · Views: 135
The picture she sent me 2 weeks later after having them cut by another stylist & my service agreement form she has signed x

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190513-192807_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190513-192807_Gallery.jpg
    1,016.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 20190513_193020.jpg
    20190513_193020.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 154
  • Screenshot_20190513-192807_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190513-192807_Gallery.jpg
    1,016.6 KB · Views: 141
I’m not a hairdresser but it looks awful after being cut! Maybe she is only messaging you for a refund because the other person hasn’t cut it very well and she needs new extensions now?

I wouldn’t refund her unless the hair was faulty

Just my thoughts

I’m in a similar situation at the moment but due to her wanting me to colour her extensions she had fitted elsewhere.
(I explained it was against my policy to colour extensions - because I can’t guarantee they’d colour / fade the same as her natural hair.. but she convinced me to do it anyway, and rang and complained saying they didn’t blend and feel damaged and wanted the hair replacing)

If you’ve explained the fitting, maintenance and after care of the extensions it is not your fault. Just because she has changed her mind about them and decided it is too much work for her doesn’t mean you’ve done anything wrong!

I’m not a hairdresser but it looks awful after being cut! Maybe she is only messaging you for a refund because the other person hasn’t cut it very well and she needs new extensions now?

I wouldn’t refund her unless the hair was faulty

Just my thoughts

Thank you for responding :) Yes the picture after it's been cut doesn't look good at all! She said she had also let it dry naturally so that's without any styling either which doesnt help! I just don't see why I should refund her to be honest. Shes not made any complaint about the hair itself just difficulty blending it day to day ‍♀️ xxx

I’m in a similar situation at the moment but due to her wanting me to colour her extensions she had fitted elsewhere.
(I explained it was against my policy to colour extensions - because I can’t guarantee they’d colour / fade the same as her natural hair.. but she convinced me to do it anyway, and rang and complained saying they didn’t blend and feel damaged and wanted the hair replacing)

If you’ve explained the fitting, maintenance and after care of the extensions it is not your fault. Just because she has changed her mind about them and decided it is too much work for her doesn’t mean you’ve done anything wrong!

Thank you. That's exactly what I thought. She can't just decide 2 weeks later she's not happy with them & then after my response leave it another 2 weeks before then demanding a refund again!

She's apparently removed them now because they were 'affecting her confidence'. Can't believe some people! I really haven't done anything wrong here. Shes not given me the opportunity to do anything to help her & is now saying she will go to a solicitor if I don't refund her.

Id offered to cut them shorter for her so she cpuld manage the daily styling better as they would be more for thickness than length then but she's refused that & now removed them ‍♀️

Demanding a refund for my time & the cost of the hair like you said because she changed her mind / couldn't be bothered to style them.. joke really isn't it lol

Thank you. That's exactly what I thought. She can't just decide 2 weeks later she's not happy with them & then after my response leave it another 2 weeks before then demanding a refund again!

She's apparently removed them now because they were 'affecting her confidence'. Can't believe some people! I really haven't done anything wrong here. Shes not given me the opportunity to do anything to help her & is now saying she will go to a solicitor if I don't refund her.

Id offered to cut them shorter for her so she cpuld manage the daily styling better as they would be more for thickness than length then but she's refused that & now removed them ‍♀️

Demanding a refund for my time & the cost of the hair like you said because she changed her mind / couldn't be bothered to style them.. joke really isn't it lol

With your client hun did you get her to sign anything? Or do you have evidence in messages of explaining about colouring the extensions etc? If so she's not got a leg to stand on!

With your client hun did you get her to sign anything? Or do you have evidence in messages of explaining about colouring the extensions etc? If so she's not got a leg to stand on!
No she didn’t sign anything wish I got her to, but a few of my colleagues overheard my consultation with her and heard me say I wasn’t comfortable colouring the extensions because I couldn’t guarantee how it would end up.

No she didn’t sign anything wish I got her to, but a few of my colleagues overheard my consultation with her and heard me say I wasn’t comfortable colouring the extensions because I couldn’t guarantee how it would end up.

Well if you have witnesses then surely that should be enough. Some people are just awful aren't they how can they go around doing this to people it's so wrong.

I wouldn’t refund because she went somewhere else before giving you the option to fix it x
But I Would offer to chip into her top layer abit like thin it out slightly on the ends so it sits better.
I do think some clients have a expectation that when the extensions are in they will always look good and don’t require any effort lol..
I try very hard to make it clear on the consultation that some of their natural hair will still be out so they do require styling normally daily depending what their natural hair length is etc xx

It’s a tricky one. Unless you saw what it was like after she washed at home but before the cut u can’t see what the problem is. The second pic doesn’t blend well I would have thought they would razor some texture in the lengths to blend but that doesn’t seem like the case. As someone else has cut it there is nothing you can do. I would offer to add more extensions through the top to add another layer and charge her for the hair. It’s not ideal but it’s a compromise that make just appease the situation and stop you worrying about future problems with her. Make it clear though that the cut has destroyed your work! [emoji31]

Latest posts

Back