refunds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeldana

Reaction score
do you always give refunds without questions of just refunds for the nail that has broken, i have a client who had a full set of gel overlay with gel white tips one snaped on on the free edge a couple of days after she was told she could have a full refund but as i only get a % from the treatment do i make up the rest with my own money and should i explane that i cant give her a full refund as only one of the tips came of and that i can only give refunds regarding how many come off or should i bite the bullet and give her a full refund out of my own pocket???????????????

I've never had to give a client a refund, and would always attempt to fix a problem first.

Did you / the salon not offer the client a chance to correct things?

do you always give refunds without questions of just refunds for the nail that has broken, i have a client who had a full set of gel overlay with gel white tips one snaped on on the free edge a couple of days after she was told she could have a full refund but as i only get a % from the treatment do i make up the rest with my own money and should i explane that i cant give her a full refund as only one of the tips came of and that i can only give refunds regarding how many come off or should i bite the bullet and give her a full refund out of my own pocket???????????????

I am just trying to understand what has happened - did you say the client was told she could have a refund before any nails had broken? Do you work on your own or are you employed by somebody? Who was it that told her she could have the refund?

I NEVER give a refund as you dont know how the client has been treating the enhancements after she has left you. I would insist on seeing the nails before any offer was made and then I would only put right what has been broken and then I would charge her for it. I would have made this clear at the inital appointment too.

These clients need to take responsibility too.

Do you rent a space? If you rent a space it should be up to you whether you refund or not.

If however you work for someone with commission on clients then this is something I would discuss and agree with the salon owner I can`t see why you would refund a whole set when one nail is damaged or broken you don`t know how she did it?
Personally I have never refunded I would always repair if it is a new client then you can repair free of charge but state that any future repairs would be charged for. I charge for all repairs.

i ofered to repair the one nail for free as it hasent been on long but she insited that she only wants a refunt aprantley im the 4th nail tech that this has happend with the only reason she is so upset is because her real nail tip came off aswell the salon owner is worred the client is going to give her salon a bad name so she agread to the refund the client was geting quite angry and i only spoke to her over the phone as i wasent in that day, her mother is complaining about her own naild aswell she only had to overlays and is saying that one is digging in her nail but if it was she would have said something after the overlay was put on?

I would find out how it happened, if it has happened four times then maybe its not the techs fault, there must have been some force to break it otherwise it wouldnt have broken her natural nail too! :)

I would find out how it happened, if it has happened four times then maybe its not the techs fault, there must have been some force to break it otherwise it wouldnt have broken her natural nail too! :)
That is exactly right! Also I wouldnt give her a refund, I smell a scam...

I would not refund.

Look at it like this. You applied all ten in exactly the same way, didn't you? Then if it was down to application, they would all have broken wouldn't they? This is purely down to her. She is probably doing something repetitively which is setting up a small crack which leads to a break eventually. :hug:

as we have no control over the way clients use their nails after they leave us, it is impossible to guarantee they wont break.
why do some clients think artificial means indestructable???????????

I think that the salon owner should have consulted or sent the client to you to deal with the complaint, it seems unfair that she offers a refund without you being able to try and sort it good luck!:hug:

I would never offer a refund unless I knew 100% that it could have been something that I did or did'nt do, such as in the early days when I totally forgot to use primer and it was only after the lady had left that I realised. She actually did'nt return for 3 weeks and they were fine but if she had I would have refunded. I do however, offer to repair the first nail after that for free. If you offer refunds for every single breakage then in my opinion clients will not care for their nails as much. We tell them all the dos and donts so if they knew that they would have to pay for being a little careful they may not be so heavy handed. We cannot guarentee a clients nails because the minute they walk out the door who knows what they are doing.

i ofered to repair the one nail for free as it hasent been on long but she insited that she only wants a refunt aprantley im the 4th nail tech that this has happend with the only reason she is so upset is because her real nail tip came off aswell the salon owner is worred the client is going to give her salon a bad name so she agread to the refund the client was geting quite angry and i only spoke to her over the phone as i wasent in that day, her mother is complaining about her own naild aswell she only had to overlays and is saying that one is digging in her nail but if it was she would have said something after the overlay was put on?
How can she hold you accountable then? It must be her fault if it's happened with 4 different techs.

Refund my FOOT!! 4 techs?? as beauty nails said.. her problem.. offer to fix it then give her an underlined aftercare sheet!

Latest posts

Back