Refuse to do her nails again!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucybluebell

Reaction score
My daughter is 15 and I have done her nails for her quite a few times while I've been training. Usually after about 3 days she'll appear and they will have all disappeared!! She usually says they all broke so she picked them off?! I blamed the gel (which was pretty awful I admit) but I told her to come to me if she has any problems but she never does!! I told her I wouldn't do them again as she was wrecking her nails!
Anyway after I trained with Brisa I said I'd give her one more change and did her a set last week, they looked lovely and even yesterday looked perfect. But today NO NAILS?!! That's it- I'm never doing them for her again. I did mine 12 days ago and they are still perfect so I really doubt it's anything I did- really cross with her!!
Anyone else have clients like this?

Sounds like a typical 15 year old with free nails :biggrin:

I wouldnt do them for her again either. She keeps picking them off and making you feel like its your fault, so let her suffer without them until she's grown up enough to appreciate them and your hard work and look after them! xxxxxxx

My mum does this all the time...Id do a set of enhancements on her and go down to hers a few days later and they'd be gone!! It has left her natural nails in bits from where she's pulled the tips away that were bonded on with adhesive!! Ive told her that I wont be doing them again but she can try gel polish next time on her nails as its not as "clumpy" as she calls enhancements!! Haha!!

Sent from my RACERII using SalonGeek

Oh yes, sounds very familiar! My 14 year old daughter doesn't treat her nails with the respect they deserve either!!! I've refused to do them until she can look after them ! :))

She's not a 'client' though is she? She's your daughter and is getting a free treatment :)

Do her a deal, if she keeps them on without picking and biting then you'll happily do them but if she can't prove to you that she is mature enough to keep them on then she can no longer have them. Simple :D

Yes my 13 year old daughter! Drives me mad! I now refuse to do her fingers but gave her one last chance for toes when I went on holiday! They "come off" after 3 days so I said I'll charge her £8 if she wants them done again and if she ever dose pay I can 100% be sure they will stay on longer them three days ;)
Can always reward her the money back if she keeps them on long enough!

x x

Seems like its not just me then lol
It's knocking my confidence too much so it's a definite no to enhancements for her for a good while!
I know she's not a client..I meant does anyone have real clients that treat their nails like this- I guess not, as they have paid for them!!

I know its totally off the thread but none of you look old enough to have teenage daughters!!! :biggrin:

My 23yr old Daughters nails don't always last longer than 2weeks before they ping off, she used to have naturally very long strong nails but cuts them off for enhancements.

Her nails are now not so healthy with torn layers so I've told her to buy her own monomer, polymer and tips and I'll do her nails when I can fit her in.. I'm sure they'll begin to last longer when she is using her own product lol

My nieces are the same! Lol! X

My sister used to be same picking at them as she's a nail biter but she's getting better with them now and on for longer as she's tryin to stop biting and grow her own xx

My mums the same! She just doesn't try to look after them. I never take money off my mum but sometimes i think its a bit ungrateful! I also do her waxing and she always moans! Says Im too rough when 90% of my clients always compliment me on how gentle i am.

I got angry with her last time and told her if she wasn't happy maybe she should go elsewhere and pay for her waxing :-\

I just think because she's family she thinks she can criticise everything and she forgets Im the professional, not her!!

It was starting to affect my confidence, which is silly. I wax hundreds of people and no one else complains!! Grrr families!! Hehe
X

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Ahhh Nat Nat you're too kind :)

Oh bless you all seem to have daughters who are little madams! My daughter is a little angel, she's only 9 so no enhancements for her but her nails are gorgeous, really long and strong. She has suffered quite badly with dry skin around base of nails so gave her a pinkie solar oil. She uses it religiously! I was so proud how well she was treating her nails that I treated her to Rockstar toes! Unfortunately she lost one after a few days so can only assume its her tiny nails, socks and shoes etc that rubbed it off!

Bit different but my mum was the same with using her solar oil as aftercare for shellac. Kept "forgetting" to use it so I text her morning and night for 2 weeks saying use your solar oil or else! She did it and couldn't believe the difference after the 2 weeks at removal time. She still forgets from time to time.

Oh bless you all seem to have daughters who are little madams! My daughter is a little angel, she's only 9 so no enhancements for her but her nails are gorgeous, really long and strong. She has suffered quite badly with dry skin around base of nails so gave her a pinkie solar oil. She uses it religiously! I was so proud how well she was treating her nails that I treated her to Rockstar toes! Unfortunately she lost one after a few days so can only assume its her tiny nails, socks and shoes etc that rubbed it off!

Bit different but my mum was the same with using her solar oil as aftercare for shellac. Kept "forgetting" to use it so I text her morning and night for 2 weeks saying use your solar oil or else! She did it and couldn't believe the difference after the 2 weeks at removal time. She still forgets from time to time.

I also have a 9 year old who is a little angel and a 6 year old and 4 year old. They all have really beautiful nails....actually come to think of it my oldest daughter was a little angel at 9 (cry) these days I can hardly get a civil word out of her (another reason I won't be doing her nails:irked:

I have the same problem with young lady who's 15. I Shellac her mother's nails and agreed that I would do the daughter for a student price. Guaranteed, the 15 yr old daughter's Shellac has "peeled off" all by itself after a couple of days or within a week. She does not pick them by the way as she assured me of this...

I have not been doing this long and straight away assumed it was my incorrect application and was straight on here looking for answers for my failings. The mother doesn't seem to have the same issues...and others that I do don't "peel off during the night" either. Conclusion?? :grr:

If it wasn't for the mother being a really nice client, I wouldn't do the daughter anymore.

Oh yes my daughter is adamant that she doesn't pick hers hmmmmmmm !

I laughed at this as I've had a similar conversation with my hubby over his mum!
Now, as a salon owner I let my mum & his mum have their nails done at no cost. (both mums are retired 70 yr olds) My mum will also have eyebrow wax and sometimes a pedicure. (she's always done stuff for me over the years with child care etc)
My mum never ever asks when she can come, she waits to be asked, even when she has a breakage she doesn't tell me just waits till next time, bless her.

Now his mum.......I've never ever known anyone have so many breakages, chips etc! She'll ring me on a night time at home and tell me she needs to get a repair! I tell her I don't have the diary at home and she goes on to say that she's going out and can't go out with her nails like this!
I think she is just not too careful with them as she knows it's not gonna cost her anything to get them sorted. On top of this, as she's not paying I always put her in with the junior tech, she always says she'd prefer the senior tech.....I bet she would!

She came last week, face like she was chewing a wasp, said she was fed up of her nails not lasting and then said she could do with her feet doing!
Funny thing is, whenever I asked her to help with child care she always had an excuse lol

Nothing as funny as folk

Seems like its not just me then lol
It's knocking my confidence too much so it's a definite no to enhancements for her for a good while!
I know she's not a client..I meant does anyone have real clients that treat their nails like this- I guess not, as they have paid for them!!

I have one client who does it. She has just turned 18 and is the sister of a very good client. I only see her for special occasions and she usually chooses the most hideous chavvy nail designs she can, she pays full price and still picks them off a few days later :rolleyes: but it doesnt bother me too much. I know its not my application and as she's not a regular any damage she may have done to her nails is grow out of her bitten stumps by the time i have to ut up with her again :D

Is because you do them for free. She does not appreciate them and thinks she can pull them off when ever as likes and that you'll just put them back on!

Latest posts

Back