Regarding skin testing!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all your replies. I totally agree and wouldn't want to stop skin testing, but I just feel its unfair that other salons don't and they get the last min custom! I will continue to patch test.. the way I do it is ask them to pop in 48 hrs before, get client to sign record card and date of skin test. There should be some sort of health and safety law against it.

Even if it was against the law we all know there would still be those who didn't do it.

I always go out to my clients and do a skin test on them a couple of days before and I check the condition of their hair, they pick what colour they want (gives me a couple of days to check incompatibility and such) and it gives me a chance to meet them face-to-face before I have to spend a couple of hours in their home! I can also tell them anything they are wanting to know beforehand and a rough idea of the price.

We ALWAYS offer an allergy test prior to the clients service at Toni & Guy. Most people are happy to just sign the waiver. It helps that TIGI colour is super gentle.

A waiver? Is this where they sign to say its ok to colour without a test? I thought these didn't stand up in court if something went wrong and they prosecuted. It doesn't matter how gentle colour is its the ppd that they contain that causes the reaction xx

A disclaimer,or waiver wont stand up in court.
Official word is that its down to the professional to complete the necessery skin testing prior to the service.
If this isnt carried out and a client happens to react to colour,YOU the professional are ultimately responsible.

I sometimes find it frustrating to lose a walk in to a salon up the road but id rather be known for being thourough and safe than being known for blagging it and hoping someone doesnt react!!!
x

A disclaimer,or waiver wont stand up in court.
Official word is that its down to the professional to complete the necessery skin testing prior to the service.
If this isnt carried out and a client happens to react to colour,YOU the professional are ultimately responsible.

I sometimes find it frustrating to lose a walk in to a salon up the road but id rather be known for being thourough and safe than being known for blagging it and hoping someone doesnt react!!!
x

all this just reassures me that i am doing the right thing.. and even if i lose walk ins i am a professional business! :)

Latest posts

Back