registering name for mobile business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahlouise

Reaction score
hi geeks,
please could anyone help me,i have been looking around on the net for a good company that i can register my moblie business name with but so unsure who to go with....can anyone recommend a good company?
thank you for reading xxxxxx

You don't need to register it unless you're a limited company.

The best way to protect your name is to buy the domain as that way you can show proof that you've been trading under that name if another local biz tries to use it.

If you wanted to you could register the name at Companies house, I can't actually remember how it all works but you register with them and as I remember it is quite cheap. They have a website so if you do a search you will be able to find it. As someone has already said you don't have to register it but the problem is if someone else has registered it then they will have the rights to that name.

If you wanted to you could register the name at Companies house, I can't actually remember how it all works but you register with them and as I remember it is quite cheap. They have a website so if you do a search you will be able to find it. As someone has already said you don't have to register it but the problem is if someone else has registered it then they will have the rights to that name.

thank you for your reply,i did have a look at that site but unsure what register option i full under,
  1. limited companies
  2. reserve a name
i did think it was reserve a name but on the more info bit it says
that this is to reserve a name if you are thinking of seting up a business in the future then goes on to say this flexible service allows you to register your company in full at any time...confussing!
as i only want to register my name. think i may give them a call to explain the options in full to me.

Hiya Sarah Louise

Are you looking to register your business name to protect the name, or are you looking to use a company as a way of promoting your business?

Hiya Sarah Louise

Are you looking to register your business name to protect the name, or are you looking to use a company as a way of promoting your business?

hiya,
i would just like to register my business name just to protect the name. x

hiya,
i would just like to register my business name just to protect the name. x

Its definitely companies house then to protect your name.

If you want to protect a name or logo.......it's a trademark. It costs a lot of money and I really don't think you need it.

Latest posts

Back