Regrets - I've had a few

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have all sorts of regrets and wondered how differently my life would be if I had followed different paths. Now I finally feel at peace with myself and realise that all the paths I did take have led me to where I am today and I'm happy with that :hug:

Better to regret something you did - Than something you didn't do!

here here! absolutely!

My absolute favorite film is Sliding Doors. I love it because (if you haven't seen it) you see her life going in two directions.

If you regret marrying your ex.... but you have beautiful children from the marrage.... you can't regret it any more. They were meant to be.

Change one thing in your past (as Victoria said) you would change it all.

Love the serenity poem too! xx

Bit deep this girls.....

I used to have all sorts of regrets and wondered how differently my life would be if I had followed different paths. Now I finally feel at peace with myself and realise that all the paths I did take have led me to where I am today and I'm happy with that :hug:

exactly! and good for you too sass xx

If I had to spend my life on the .........should-a, would-a, could-a.....

I would not be "where".....and " who" I am today..... so no regrets with me ...

I would not change one single .......stupid, miserable, painful,happy, proud ....moment I've ever had!

Bloody hell Adele - this is a bit dep isnt it!

Has made me think though - do I have regrets - i sure do, but I believe that your path in life is already written out for you and when things happen that you feel you should regret or should have been done differently I believe and think that they just happened for a reason and you just live to learn by these life experiences, good or bad.

I also believe that whatever our mistakes or regrets - they just make us a better person!

Now I don't want you to think I sitting here dwelling on the past and crying in my beer (it waters it down too much)

I am happy with my lot but would like to make a few incy wincy changes.

I want to do nails like Carl does in his videos or Gigi in her posters.
I want to look like a million dollars
I want to have a million dollars
I want people to be nice to one another

Apart from that, next time I'm coming down as HRH !!

Not a regret,i just (occasionally) envy those who waited a little longer before settling down and starting a family.

Allthough i was 19 i was no where near ready for it,i would never be without my little fella though :Love:

what if your living a life that you know is going to be a regret in the future,

you can hear the wasted days ticking by,

but you are to scared to change it???????:cry:

I don't have regrets as such because I think that things that have happened in my life are the things that make me who I am today.

I sometimes don't like the way those things have affected me but hey ho - whats done is done!:rolleyes:

I think that I am someone who has to learn the hard way in order to learn at all, meaning I usually end up going against what people tell me and end up finding out for myself! But those things have toughened me up to an extent and shaped my personality.

I sometimes sit and wonder what life could have been like if I hadn't made the choices I have, and usually end up glad I did make those choices as they seem to be the right ones. My life isnt perfect by any means, but it's not bad (and who's life IS perfect anyway) but I think it could have been a whole lot worse if I hadn't gone down this path and made these choices!:)

xx
:hug:

I regret NOTHING.. EVERTHING good and bad has led me to where i am now.. my only regret would be if i didnt LEARN from my mistakes and i can assure each and everyone of you i have!:smack:

I refuse to dwell on regrets.. its a waste of time and you can do nothing about it.. you can't build a future focusing on the past..
I try not to wish for anything i dont already have.. and i try not to beat my self up over stuff that is out of my control..

DONT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF and SWINGS AND ROUNDABOUTS are two of my life motto's!

well you would have to look at what would be the worst thing that could happen if you did change it...? worst case senario.....would it be any worse than what your already living ...?

You basically have 2 options....

1)...do nothing, continue to be scared and unhappy and living a life you know you will regret.

2)...make the changes and take the 50/50 chance that you will be happy if it works out...if it doesn't then you are no worse off then you were above.

I'd do option 2...life isn't a rehursal..you only have 1 shot. :hug:

Start by changing one small thing.. (can even be your hair! you will be suprised how much a new hair cut/colour/style can give you a lift!) Dont think that you can wake up tomorrow and just change every bad thing in your life because you cant! and acknowledge the fact that no amount of help from anyone else proffesional or otherwise can help you if your not prepared to help yourself..

from one who has been there to you!:hug:

only you know wot u can do !! you have people there for you but if you have lived a certain way for a long time and cant really see it any other way it is hard but i got out of something i knew i didn't want when i was 40..50..60..etc an you need to see it that way sometimes but it takes a lotof courage to do and things are no way easy but if it is truelly not wot you want and i mean look at the whole picture, then you need to act on it as soon as poss as you only have one life and you should no way lead it thru somebody else..IT IS YOURS AND YOU DESERVE IT you work hard you don't need anyone! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

no regrets somethings that happen you have no choice in ......

but you always are a step closer to being more mature and wiser !:hug:

I can't get much more mature :eek::eek::eek:
but I know what you mean:lol::lol::lol:

I don't think mature and wiser will ever be an option for me:lol:

to be old and wise, first you have to be young and stupid xxxx:green:

I dont have many regrets, but the year I was 21 was a very bad year and I would like that year to go away (it sneaks back to visit me now and again). Up 'till then and afterwards have been fine, usual ups and downs we all have but nothing I could not cope with. At 43 I would like to be 33 but thats never going to happen (not unless I go on 10 years younger, now that's a thought.......). :hug:

I wish I had been strong enough to stand up to my first husband, because if I had stood up to him I would have staid in my oldest sons life but I aloud my revulsion for the father to push me away from my son and thats 20 years I cant have back.
I wish I had taken the apprentiship with helena Rubinstien when I was 16 instead of marrying jerk face even though I am pleased that jerk face and I made such a great son.
But I cant say that I have regrets because Paul is my sole mate and the children we made between us are my complete pride and joy.
Good thread hun:hug:

i think we all make mistakes with our first loves, but hopefully we all learn from them, and they help us to go on to lead the life we want as stronger women xxxxx

Latest posts

Back