Regrowth dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gigilouise.hair.x

Reaction score
So every time I do my clients re-growth (thankfully she’s a close friend of mine) the tone always grabs ridiculously and I end up having to colour it 2 times.

she’s naturally a base 9/10, extremely light - she’s Swedish. But her all over colour is a base 6, with balayage highlights through out.

Every single time I do her hair I have to tweak the colour because it either doesn’t cover properly or it goes too warm or goes a bit Greeny.

if Anyone has any formula suggestions for hair that’s this light naturally i would appreciate it so much!

I’ve coloured it tonight and used indola colour I did
20mls 60
10mls 6.7 with 20 vol and it went full blown purple

I also live in the Middle East and here colour brands are VERY limited unless you out source from the UK or the US!!

I don’t use Indola so maybe that’s normal but I’m wondering why you’re using 20 vol if you’re just depositing colour?

Always what I’ve been taught for root tints, to use 20 vol ‍♀️

Do ypu normally use indola and do you have a shade chart? What I am able to find here in the UK is that 6.7 in indola profession colour is actually a dark violet blonde. If this is correct then your client will obviously end up with purple hair. If I were you I'd look at using the tone on tone range and consider using 6.0 + 6.3. If this isn't available then use the permanent range 6.0 +6.03 and 10 vol to deposit. 20vol is usually used to cover white hair or to keep the hair on the same level, some brands to lift 1 level. Never for depositing?

Do ypu normally use indola and do you have a shade chart? What I am able to find here in the UK is that 6.7 in indola profession colour is actually a dark violet blonde. If this is correct then your client will obviously end up with purple hair. If I were you I'd look at using the tone on tone range and consider using 6.0 + 6.3. If this isn't available then use the permanent range 6.0 +6.03 and 10 vol to deposit. 20vol is usually used to cover white hair or to keep the hair on the same level, some brands to lift 1 level. Never for depositing?
Take a look at alfaparf milano that's a good colour range released in dubai. We also have it here in UK.

Thanks! Anytime I’ve used 6.7 it’s never turned out violet even with it being a different brand! But in the end I had to cleanse the roots, and then applied 6.0 and 6.3 with 10 vol... did the trick, hallelujah!
I will also check out the colour range you have mentioned!

When i done my training we were taught 20vol too BUT when i trained in a different colour brand years back they advised us to use 10vol.
Perfect everytime i have to admit

Thanks! Anytime I’ve used 6.7 it’s never turned out violet even with it being a different brand! But in the end I had to cleanse the roots, and then applied 6.0 and 6.3 with 10 vol... did the trick, hallelujah!
I will also check out the colour range you have mentioned!
6.7 in a different brand would probably have a different tonal quality. For example in wella 6.7 would actually be a dark brunnete blonde. In tigi 6.7 is green.

Latest posts

Back