Regular infills with no breakages

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi,im just interested to know how many of you have regular clients come for refills and never have or rarely have nail that have come off or broke.Im started to get frustrated:irked:as ive only a few clients and their nails were fine for the first 3 weeks since their first set of infills theve lost one or two,and im hating to think it might be summink im not doing or is this a regular thing when it comes to infills:?:Its the whole of the nail coming off btw.

Last edited:
Where does the client's nail break? in the middle(check apex) at the tip (check thickness of product), crumble away (check product consistency is correct), e.g not too dry not to wet acrylic or old gel/glue OR popping off completely(could be due to lifting, check correct nail prep).

There are a few tutorials that you can look at, that cover the above issues e.g correct product ratio, perfect prep etc

I rarely ever have clients with breakages. I think, this is because I always make sure that my nails are strong enough in the middle (the apex). When applying product and buffing in I make sure that the apex is the highest part of the nail(look at it from the side). I mimic the shape a nail would have naturally. Check to see if your nails are too flat (no apex).

Hope this helps:hug:. I know how stressful it can be when you have problems like this and can't figure out what you are doing wrong(if anything). In the summer I had a major problem with lifting. I was so embarrassed. I have been doing nails for a while, using the same product with no probs, then it all went pear-shaped. I followed geeg's tutorial perfect prep and have'nt looked back or had a prob since. I never had to do such a thorough prep before?. Strange.....

Love to see what others have to say..:D

Debbie, you have said that this is happening after a few rebalances, so, I would maybe suggest that your nails are getting too thick over time and are pocket lifting, which will eventually make them pop off whole.

When rebalancing, make sure you thin the old product right back down and don't apply too much new product to add thickness.

Other than that you may be working too dry which will cause service break down very quickly.

HTH

I would agree with Cathie....x

i agree with what has been said so far, do be sure to reposition the apex.

but also be aware that clients are much more careful when they first get a new set, they treat them very delicately. over time the become much more used to their nails and pretty much forget that they are there, so the do tend to be a little more clumsy as time goes on.

Debbie, you have said that this is happening after a few rebalances, so, I would maybe suggest that your nails are getting too thick over time and are pocket lifting, which will eventually make them pop off whole.

When rebalancing, make sure you thin the old product right back down and don't apply too much new product to add thickness.

Other than that you may be working too dry which will cause service break down very quickly.

HTH
Ok thanx alot Cathie will bear these too in mind in future.xxx

i agree with what has been said so far, do be sure to reposition the apex.

but also be aware that clients are much more careful when they first get a new set, they treat them very delicately. over time the become much more used to their nails and pretty much forget that they are there, so the do tend to be a little more clumsy as time goes on.

I think this is soo true of many clients, they get used to the strength of their enhancements and are less careful with them after a few rebalances, they tend to think they are indestructible !

Latest posts

Back