Regular polish - best brand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesley Heaney

Reaction score
Hello, I'm starting to do regular polish pedicures but not sure what make of polish to use. I used to use Gelish in my old salon but am struggling to find it online to buy. Can any-one tell me which makes they like and where they buy them from please? Thank you very much:) Lesley

Hello, I'm starting to do regular polish pedicures but not sure what make of polish to use. I used to use Gelish in my old salon but am struggling to find it online to buy. Can any-one tell me which makes they like and where they buy them from please? Thank you very much:) Lesley

My personal favourite is CND Vinylux from Sweet Squared.

Whichever brand you choose to go with though, always ensure to purchase via its authorised distributor. That way, you will have customer service back up should you need it, and you can be sure that you are buying 100% genuine products.

Thank you for that Noodle, I'll have a look at them and good idea about using an authorised dealer too

for general polish I use Orly and OPI
many wholesalers sell them and I have never had a complaint.

I second CND Vinylux - coverage is perfect, application is super quick as it doesn’t require a base coat (and I’ve never experienced staining) and it lasts beautifully! X

O.P.I for me. Clients love the colours (and the names!!) & they last really well. Also recommend seche vite for top coat, dries super fast & stays glossy

I use China Glaze. Love the colour range and it lasts really well and doesn't fade in the sun. I used to use Essie and OPI but changed when they started selling non-pro to the market. I like that my clients can not buy the same polish in Boots, Superdrug etc.

I use morgan taylor which is the lacquer version of gelish. I love it, especially with the morgan taylor react base and topcoat last 4 weeks plus on toes

I second CND Vinylux - coverage is perfect, application is super quick as it doesn’t require a base coat (and I’ve never experienced staining) and it lasts beautifully! X
Why don't you need a base coat for the CND Helward87? I decided to give the make a try, loving the colours for summer too:)

Why don't you need a base coat for the CND Helward87? I decided to give the make a try, loving the colours for summer too:)

Vinylux is formulated not to require a base coat, but you must use the Vinylux top coat alongside the Vinylux colours.

Vinylux is formulated not to require a base coat, but you must use the Vinylux top coat alongside the Vinylux colours.
Thanks, is it a particular top coat as I couldn't see it when I was ordering the colours, many thanks

Attachments

• 582658E4-FCEA-45D2-8FDB-21F7980515D0.jpeg
    582658E4-FCEA-45D2-8FDB-21F7980515D0.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 6
I personally like Orly and the Orly Glosser (topcoat) and Orly quick drying drops or spray. I always tell the client to bring open toe sandalls etc, and make sure they have time to let tge polish dry completely before wearing shoes. This range isn't sold in shops and it is a beautiful finish, lasts a month, my clients come back when the nail has grown and they need a pedicure. I do use Vinylux but it doesn't last on finger nails like Shellac but I stopped using Shellac as I don't like the time it takes to remove. I like Vinylux as clients can remove it and they like that.

Latest posts

Back