regular updates after qualifying?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmamarie

Reaction score
HIya

I just wondered as I know nothing about the hairdressing levels of teaching. Do you have to go for lots of updates after qualifying?
To what level to the colleges teach you and when are you able to go and cut on your own?? :hug:

HIya

I just wondered as I know nothing about the hairdressing levels of teaching. Do you have to go for lots of updates after qualifying?
To what level to the colleges teach you and when are you able to go and cut on your own?? :hug:[/quote

Hi , and welcome, some people are ready to cut hair before others, and the Colleges will recognize this,
Colleges usually let you start cutting the hair when you have had some Demos and some paperwork about the cutting angles ect,

Although you will be cutting hair in College
It takes up to 2 years to be trained to a level 2 in a College,
Then after this you are usually ready to cut peoples hair in a salon environment,

Then there is advanced cutting at level three , or private advanced courses

In hairdressing there is always something new to learn so its good to keep an open mind ,

There are now certain rules on CPD , Get onto the Habia website you can search Habia on here,
CPD (continuous professional development ),
You yourself are responsible for the up keep of this, ( after training )
but some salons contribute to this,
You have to train some more after qualifying for a few weeks a year or maybe even less
and you should have certified proof,
from say at a reputable training center ect :hug: hope this helps

Latest posts

Back