Regulations for posting nail polish etc.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loubilicious

Reaction score
Hi, I've read various bits and bobs on here about not being allowed to send polishes through the post. Could anyone point me in the direction of regulations/guidelines for both within the UK and overseas...until I joined Salon Geek I was unaware that there were any regulations. It's for personal rather than any business use as my family don't live nearby I usually send Birthday gifts etc. through the post.
I actually recvd a parcel of nail polish today standard post office delivery (and wasn't from ebay was from a large direct sales cosmetics company) and I'm confused ???
Thanks, Lou xxx

I have never had any problems when ordering from Lena White for OPI nail colours or NSI for Sparitual, Affiniti for Nfu oh etc. They have been sent by Citilink and by Royal Mail without any difficulty. :green:

I checked into this last week and read T&Cs on loads of websites and they all said no nail varnish.

I checked with City Link as this is who S2 use and they said that they only deal with companies and not one off parcels. Several other companies I spoke to said that they deal with companies but not individuals.

So the bottom line seems to be that if you are a big company and have regular shipments then this is ok, but individuals get different terms and conditions.

I know there was a recent thing in the press about Royal Mail specifically saying they wouldnt carry nail varnish - but who checks - do they know what is in every parcel which gets put in a box and is this just for individuals.

Latest posts

Back