Reiki - cold hands?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
As some of you may know I regularly offer reiki to patients in a cancer support group. I'm used to giving treatments to people who are ill or terminal, but recently I experienced a sensation I can't explain.

I started the treatment as normal, and quickly got my usual warm, tingly hands feeling. But when I moved position to the face my hands instantly went cold and it felt like there was cold air blowing over them. We were in a warm room with no draughts.

Once I changed hand position again the sensation stopped. I didn't mention it to the gentleman but he said the treatment was lovely, relaxing and could sense my warm hands...so he hadn't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Has anyone else ever experienced this and have any idea what it might mean?

I've just spoken to a friend who is a reiki practitioner. She said...

Sometimes when working around the head, you are helping to remove old underlying emotions which could be there, old emotions or old negative feelings that are hidden, these energies are generally colder than fresh cleaned out minds, which give you the heat to channel ....bit like cleaning out the cupboards..... Hence your hands getting a cool chill. The recipient generally can not feel the.coldness, only you.

Hope that helps a little

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you for asking your friend :)

It's strange because I've given him treatments several times before and never experienced it, but I guess the reiki works in different ways each time it's received depending on the individual's needs.

You're welcome.

Exactly, each time there could be underlying issues that could be brought to the surface,
She's also known her hands to get boiling hot but the recipient feels cool

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back