Reiki training - your experiences of it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandelionpoppy

Reaction score
May I ask if you found your training to be a positive experience, both from the quality and enjoyment of it, and also as a popular therapy for clients?
Thanks for reading.

May I ask if you found your training to be a positive experience, both from the quality and enjoyment of it, and also as a popular therapy for clients?
Thanks for reading.

I offer crystals & reiki but I don't think there's as much call for these types of holistic therapy as others & people are a bit sceptical of them still. So, I'm retraining in some beauty treatments to get clients that way. But it depends if u do other holistic treatments or not?

Thanks for reading.

I love reiki �� Have you ever received it as a treatment? If not I would recommend booking yourself in and see what you think. If I'm honest it's not a popular treatment at work and I don't earn a lot of money from it...BUT for me it's a lot more than a just another treatment to offer.

Level 1 is purely to use on yourself, family and friends. When I had my level 1 attunement it was a very spiritual experience for me. My reiki master said that everyone experiences it differently, but mine was very positive and emotional.

I waited 2/3 months before doing level 2 and was again very positive on the day. However part of the attunement process involves a personal 'cleansing'. For me I actually found this very difficult and it caused me to review aspects of my life which I found very painful. I guess this lasted 2 or 3 months, during which time I spoke to my reiki master who was very supportive. I came to terms with certain things and made some decisions and accepted that if I really wanted to change things then it was within my power to do so which was actually a liberating realisation!

I've decided at this point in time I don't need to continue to level 3 although it's an option in the future if I change my mind.

Overall, reiki has been a very positive power in my life. I have a couple of regular private clients but I mainly use it volunteering for a local cancer support group and it is a very popular treatment with many people saying it helps them considerably to cope with their trials.

Each level consisted of spending 1 day with the reiki master. There was a little theory and history of reiki and then the attunement. An opportunity to ask lots of questions too. I know some offer level 1 and 2 on the same day but I personally wouldn't recommend this as you need time to become accustomed to each level before progressing.

A brilliant and easy book is 'Reiki For Dummies' - full of lots of information and explanations for every level.

Hope I haven't rambled on too much lol but just ask if there's anything more you want to know x

I think when you have gone through a beauty route of training you become a bit sceptical with it all and it is a bit away with the fairies.Ive done 1 and 2 and I would say just do it anyway and see for yourself and form your own opinion.

I do it on myself,my dog,family and when I need it and I do believe in it,to me its a bit like prayer.
I've had some aches and pains and reikied them and next morning gone but I'm cynical so I'd never put it down to reiki.Its lovely to learn though puts you in touch with your spiritual self but you do need to go to a good master.

Hey all,
I'm booked onto my Reiki level 1 on Thursday ... And I can't wait ... X

I'm looking to do my masters, now. Reiki had kind of left my life for a while, but it's back again with vengeance! I've been feeling the need for masters for a couple of months now. X

I'm looking to do my masters, now. Reiki had kind of left my life for a while, but it's back again with vengeance! I've been feeling the need for masters for a couple of months now. X

That's how felt prior to my atunements, it was a need! I'd been thinking about it for several months and gradually I kept meeting people who would start talking to me about reiki, totally unprompted lol it was very odd as though these people were being put in my path! Eventually I met and befriended no less than 4 reiki masters in a short period of time and I decided I needed to listen to whoever/whatever was putting these people in my life lol

Thank-you, all, for your replies.

Pure, I found your post particularly helpful.

I've had a couple of tasters. Both times the therapists have said they strongly believed I should pursue training in it; to do with the energy that came off me, I think they said.

I am quite analytical about ideas, and a practical person, but I do feel a pull towards this. Facial clients have given me feedback to support this.

I'm about to move into reiki too or IET. You definitely need to be drawn to and ready for this path. Definitely don't do it if it's just as an add on to treatments. I do holistic treatments but am also beauty trained but am going to do reiki as I feel it's now time and I'm now ready. Reiki is very powerful and obviously involves energy and with some routes also involves angels so you really need to be open to this and believe to feel the benefit and this then can be passed onto clients. If there's no faith then this will be a block for you and clients.

Dpoppy if you're feeling a 'pull' then to me that's a very positive sign :) listen to your own intuition and you'll know when the time is right for you. I honestly got to the point where I felt reiki was coming at me from all angles lol and so I stopped resisting and being unsure and just went for it!

On another note about having faith, the client doesn't necessarily have to believe for reiki to work. It works remarkably well on animals, babies and small children, all of whom will have no concept of reiki at all.

I'm sure ul agree though that those who have reiki usually have some belief.

If they're paying then yes I agree. However I practice most of my reiki on cancer patients and they often choose reiki when they're unable to have a massage therapy due to being contra-indicated due to medication or treatment they're having. It's then a case of "oh go on then I'll give it a go". Without exception they are all very pleasantly surprised and will then go on to choose it in the future and always express surprise and wonder about how it works 😊 So not having faith, in my experience, doesn't mean it won't work x

If they're paying then yes I agree. However I practice most of my reiki on cancer patients and they often choose reiki when they're unable to have a massage therapy due to being contra-indicated due to medication or treatment they're having. It's then a case of "oh go on then I'll give it a go". Without exception they are all very pleasantly surprised and will then go on to choose it in the future and always express surprise and wonder about how it works 😊 So not having faith, in my experience, doesn't mean it won't work x

Yes I see where your coming from. It's nice to hear they are surprised and do then choose it again :)

This is all very interesting, thanks for starting this thread Dpoppy. My interest has been piqued.

Doing my level one now on 30th, decided to go with Reiki rather than IET. Looking forward to it now!

Seeing this thread pop up again has stirred my interest. I wouldn't be able to offer this though as I don't have any room in my nail salon for a bed. :sad:

Doing my level one now on 30th, decided to go with Reiki rather than IET. Looking forward to it now!

Would love to know how it goes.
Enjoy!

I've done my Masters training twice by two different practitioners with different lineages.

At my first attunement for level 1, I felt a strong presence join us in the room but didn't feel freaked out by it. In fact, I felt really happy and at ease.

I don't offer it as a service unless I think someone might benefit from it (in a similar way to the experiences Pure mentioned). However, I did try to reiki my mother when she was in a coma and found it very 'unwilling' is the only word I can use to describe the feeling I had. My mother died without regaining consciousness a few hours later.

I later learnt from a more experienced practitioner that the body will only take in the Reiki energy if it needs it and if the body has chosen to leave this life, it will deflect the energy.

I don't follow any traditional religion, don't believe in a God or other beings but I do feel strangely spiritual, if that makes sense?

What an incredibly touching story. I really want to look into this more.

Latest posts

Back