Reiki

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When i took my Reiki level 1 i spent time practising and self healing, before i went onto level 2.
besthands has offered some great advice that i agree with.
Masters in my opinion is really only for those that want to make a life long commitment to Reiki and use it on a daily basis to help others it, there have been some great reading recommendations it truly something to be respected ;)

I just wanted to follow up and let you know that I did my reiki I training 2 months ago and had my reiki II attunement yesterday :)
I am so pleased that I have chosen to 'listen' to the powers that be and followed my instinct. Would definitely not recommend that anyone do I and II on the same day, it took me a couple of days to 'recover' from my first attunement!!

I've been a Reiki practitioner for 10 years. I spent a year between Levels 1 and 2, and 5 years between 2 and 3. It's vital that you come from the right place with Reiki, and that time is spent working on yourself. You can't possibly help someone shift negative energies, for example, if you have them around yourself. I would advise anyone thinking of being attuned to do plenty of research and find a teacher who has years of experience, offers back up with free Reiki shares and advice, and who is coming from a spiritual background.

I have finally taken the chance to book myself on a reiki course following this thread (even if I don't use it in a stand-alone treatment) - so, thank you all :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's been a few years since I practiced. My reiki master has disappeared, so I'm going to research and find someone new and get re-attuned again x

Apparently once you've been attuned you never need to to be 're-attuned' - the channel has already been opened and remains open whether you use it not. What might be good is to find a local reiki circle to join or failing that you could find another practitioner to swap treatments with. We had a lady join our reiki group who moved here from a different area so wasn't a problem x

How do go about finding the right reiki teacher/ mentor for you. I have always been interested in this subject and healing. I have been told on many occasions I have healing hands and am an intuitive person. I finally feel ready to start down this path my life now but not sure where to start or look. Any guidance would be gratefully received. Xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

How do go about finding the right reiki teacher/ mentor for you. I have always been interested in this subject and healing. I have been told on many occasions I have healing hands and am an intuitive person. I finally feel ready to start down this path my life now but not sure where to start or look. Any guidance would be gratefully received. Xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Do you know any reiki practitioners? I was lucky and knew about 5!!! It was strange actually because within months of first deciding I wanted to learn more about reiki and get attuned, these people just seemed to turn up in my life! I took it as a sign that I was on the right path 😊

If you don't know any maybe book yourself in for some reiki yourself with different practitioners and I would then trust your intuition and perhaps ask who attuned them.

I have a regular client who has recently booked her level 1 attunement with my reiki master, it's something she's discussed with me for many months before finally making her decision and I am really pleased for her as she too is someone I would call a 'natural' 😊

Apparently once you've been attuned you never need to to be 're-attuned' - the channel has already been opened and remains open whether you use it not. What might be good is to find a local reiki circle to join or failing that you could find another practitioner to swap treatments with. We had a lady join our reiki group who moved here from a different area so wasn't a problem x

I want to do my masters next year. With it being a different master, would they not want me to have done at least level 2 with them?x

also supposedly you are not meant to make money out of it....

One of the principles of Reiki is "energy exchange" - that the recipient should also give some energy to the practitioner and the process. Money is fine as a form of energy in this case (though you could for example take garden produce, a cake, a therapy treatment in exchange!)

i.e. the recipient is showing some commitment to the process.

Giving someone a complete freebie is not a good idea as they've no "skin in the game" and may not appreciate what they've been given (I have donated my time to a charity but took small donations from the recipients in exchange for Reiki treatments that I passed to the charity).

I want to do my masters next year. With it being a different master, would they not want me to have done at least level 2 with them?x

I'm guessing now lol but I don't see why. Attunements are all about opening channels, but it might be down to the individual master. I'd be very interested to know what you find out though x

One of the principles of Reiki is "energy exchange" - that the recipient should also give some energy to the practitioner and the process. Money is fine as a form of energy in this case (though you could for example take garden produce, a cake, a therapy treatment in exchange!)

i.e. the recipient is showing some commitment to the process.

Giving someone a complete freebie is not a good idea as they've no "skin in the game" and may not appreciate what they've been given (I have donated my time to a charity but took small donations from the recipients in exchange for Reiki treatments that I passed to the charity).

I totally agree with this. If it costs nothing it has no value. When I trained in reiki I was taught that you always exchange energy of one sort or another!

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Spoken to hubby. Gonna do my masters!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like it'll be in November! Yay! X

I'm guessing now lol but I don't see why. Attunements are all about opening channels, but it might be down to the individual master. I'd be very interested to know what you find out though x

You are right, btw. I have to read up on their linage info. X

Before offering Reiki to the general public you first really need to ba come accustomed to doing reiki on yourself. After your first attuned you need to do a 21 day cleanse.

For me reiki is a way of life, you can recharge batteries, encourage plants to grow. Protect yourself from outside factors. Animals love to get the energies from you.

Most do some reiki daily and initially it takes commitment, you can also have a healing crisis, so you need to be committed. When I say crisis I know people who have made major changes to their life after being attuned.

Divorce hav kids, I left a well paid job and a career I worked 25 years to achieve.

Don't go into reiki lightly, it seriously can be life changing.

I would recommend that you only work with a master you gel with, reiki is a journey and you need to be on the journey together, there is a lot of people attune for the money but a true master does it for the giving of the gift of reiki.

If anyone needs any more info I can certainly go though it with you

If you do do reiki embrace it and love it

I been wanting to do this, I love this post thank you xxx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

So I completed my level one on Sunday. I was a little disappointed if I am honest. I was expecting to feel huge things and although I felt the energy, I don't feel like I know what I'm doing. I now have to self treat/cleanse which am doing but am really unsure if anything is happening. Maybe I'm looking to hard. Iv always had intuition, feelings, reserve, seen colours and have been told many times iv a gift and have a lot of angel presence. Because I have been told this, I had no doubt in my mind that I'd love reiki, and iv received it before, but I don't feel much and am bit gutted about it. Anyone else have this experience?

So I completed my level one on Sunday. I was a little disappointed if I am honest. I was expecting to feel huge things and although I felt the energy, I don't feel like I know what I'm doing. I now have to self treat/cleanse which am doing but am really unsure if anything is happening. Maybe I'm looking to hard. Iv always had intuition, feelings, reserve, seen colours and have been told many times iv a gift and have a lot of angel presence. Because I have been told this, I had no doubt in my mind that I'd love reiki, and iv received it before, but I don't feel much and am bit gutted about it. Anyone else have this experience?

When I give myself reiki I feel nothing at all and often wonder if anything is happening lol but when giving to someone else I always get very hot hands so know something is happening. I think feeling a little unsure in the beginning is normal. I have learned to trust my gut feelings a lot more now.

Strangely I have a regular client who did level 1 a couple of weeks ago and like you, has always had something of a healer about her can can see/feel things yet she too said she was slightly disappointed and expected to feel something more. I can't explain why but would just suggest that you continue with your self cleansing and practice as much as you can on others too. Also, if you get a chance try it out on an animal, the first time I did that was amazing. A very bouncy staffie pup turned to mush in my hands lol which told me that there was definitely something happening 😊

When I give myself reiki I feel nothing at all and often wonder if anything is happening lol but when giving to someone else I always get very hot hands so know something is happening. I think feeling a little unsure in the beginning is normal. I have learned to trust my gut feelings a lot more now.

Strangely I have a regular client who did level 1 a couple of weeks ago and like you, has always had something of a healer about her can can see/feel things yet she too said she was slightly disappointed and expected to feel something more. I can't explain why but would just suggest that you continue with your self cleansing and practice as much as you can on others too. Also, if you get a chance try it out on an animal, the first time I did that was amazing. A very bouncy staffie pup turned to mush in my hands lol which told me that there was definitely something happening 😊

Thanks for your advice, reassuring to know I'm not the only one lol

Just marking this for future reference. Reiki is something I have thought a lot about.

Latest posts

Back