Reiki

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
I have found myself thinking more and more lately about offering this as a treatment but could do with some advice from anyone already qualified, in what to look for in a good course. I already have my NVQ level 3 in A&P, Swedish, Aromatherapy and Indian Head massage. I have one Gateway course local to me which offers level 1 and 2 as a single day course, is this possible?

i am planning on doing my reiki 1,2 and masters with gateways. most Reiki course i have seen are 1 day for 1, some 2 days for 2 and masters. xx

I dont know much about Reiki, but from what I do know surely this cannot be learned in a day?!!!

You are not necessarily "taught" Reiki. You are opened up to the life force energy by the master practitioner. And you learn about it. When I did my level 1, I organised for the Reiki master to come to the spa I used to work in, and that was just a day.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks for replying guys. I e been doing some reading on the history and practice of Reiki in the last few days, so I now have another question :). The courses I have found all offer level 1 and 2 attunements on the same day, is this advisable? From what I've been reading it is recommended to leave at least a month between the 1st and 2nd to allow the healer time to adapt and practice.

Yes hon, you are better off doing it over period of time. You can rush through it but the main reason for taking time between attunements is to get comfortable with all the positions etc. I bought a great book a while ago called " Reiki for life" it is a good little resource so if you can find one it might be worht getting as alittle back up.

I'm reading Essential Reiki by Diane Stein at the mo, tis interesting I have to say :) She recommends a month between 1 and 2 then at least 6 months until 3. She says this is due to the healer having to get used to the energy flow and the effects it can have on you, not learning the positions, would you say that was also accurate?

I am looking for a vtct or itec course in reiki because i dont understand who the level 1 and 2 courses are accredited and recognised by. Maybe someone can tell me because ive not been able to find out

Thanks for replying guys. I e been doing some reading on the history and practice of Reiki in the last few days, so I now have another question :). The courses I have found all offer level 1 and 2 attunements on the same day, is this advisable? From what I've been reading it is recommended to leave at least a month between the 1st and 2nd to allow the healer time to adapt and practice.

I would definitely do 2 separate days. Once you have done level one, you need at least a month to "use" it and practice for level 2.

If it's any help at all, I didn't actually go through a company, I found my Reiki Master and contacted her directly. She came and saw us privately. Maybe there is a Reiki Master near you somewhere?

I would definitely do 2 separate days. Once you have done level one, you need at least a month to "use" it and practice for level 2.

If it's any help at all, I didn't actually go through a company, I found my Reiki Master and contacted her directly. She came and saw us privately. Maybe there is a Reiki Master near you somewhere?

I volunteer at a local cancer centre and there are 2 Reiki masters who also volunteer so I think I'll speak to them next week. Does it follow that if you are a master then you will also teach?

I did 2 seperate days about 2 months apart with my level 1 and 2. Its true that you need time to attune yourself and practice and everything. I signed up to the Reiki Evolution website...Home which is good for getting advice and looking for courses. Also Taggart King does a brilliant newsletter (I think its quarterly) telling you about everything thats happened in the Reiki world and all the new reiki masters that can do training in your local areas.

Leanne
X

I Have done my Reiki 1 & 2, and you should leave at least 6 months before you try for your Reiki 2, I was highly advised this and believe it to be true, it is something that should be very respected, also supposedly you are not meant to make money out of it....

I did my reiki 1 a few months back and I loved it,I believe that you have to do level 2 when you are ready but its advised to practise at level 1 first.
I have not got to practise much but I intend to and am in no rush to do my level 2, this will be done when I am ready.
The level 1 was a day course and I would not be keen to do both levels in a day but that's just me.
I love reiki :)

Thank you for all your replies - I think taking one step at a time is probably best :)

One of the ladies I volunteer with is a Reiki Master and I'm booked in with her this Monday to have a treatment my self (can't wait!!) so I will speak to her and see of she would be willing to teach me .

I did level 1 then 1 1/2 years later did level 2. Two years later i did level 3. Four years after that I did my Masters and Instructors together.
I was/have been working in a spa environment for 18 years, and use the Reiki daily in Massage, and Facial services, as well as pure Reiki sessions.
Please don't rush the process, you will grow into each and become the light!! Trust in yourself and you will know when its time to move on!! Its one of life's purest and wonderful moments when everything just fits and you know you did your part right. The patience you display at this time will be of great value as yours is tested during Reiki sessions/treatments.

Its a fact that it takes 21 days from time of attunement for the 7 primary chakras to be cleansed 3 times IF all protocols are followed both during and after attunement. ANYONE offering several levels together should be avoided.
I do mean to be blunt, do the research yourself and you'll see i speak the truth.
Didn't mean to be long winded, just my passion showing itself !!! :)

Last edited:
I Have done my Reiki 1 & 2, and you should leave at least 6 months before you try for your Reiki 2, I was highly advised this and believe it to be true, it is something that should be very respected, also supposedly you are not meant to make money out of it....

Reiki will give you back many times what you give to it. Does that make sense? I personally have never charged for pure Reiki sessions, I do charge for other services i perform in which at some time in the treatment i add Reiki. The Reiki will make your massage, facials, and other services much more intentional and valuable. Its something you and your clients will experience for yourselves, people will gravitate to you. You will experience a higher sense of commitment and responsibility to your clients/friends, families. Everyone around you is touched by you and the Reiki surrounding you.
I'm so happy to have seen this thread here on Salon Geek!!! I love all of you, you may say that i don't know any of you, but i honor, respect, and am very excited for all of you making the Reiki part of you lives!! I hope the sun is shining on everyone today!

don't do level one and two at the same time. you need a 30 day cleansing between, for you to adjust.

I did reiki one in one day
reiki 2 in two days

I took 6 years to go from level one to two, just didn't feel ready for it.

I am looking for a vtct or itec course in reiki because i dont understand who the level 1 and 2 courses are accredited and recognised by. Maybe someone can tell me because ive not been able to find out
Reiki isn't really accreditted. It is taught by people who are not teachers. You should check your insurance to see if they are happy to accept the certificate you are working towards.
I dont think you'll find an ITEC but do believe NVQ are registered.

Reiki isn't really accreditted. It is taught by people who are not teachers. You should check your insurance to see if they are happy to accept the certificate you are working towards.
I dont think you'll find an ITEC but do believe NVQ are registered.

Here across the pond in the USA, Reiki is recognized by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork. In order to practice massage in most states in the USA you must pass their standard test, and abide by their ethics. CE hours are awarded for taking Reiki classes if taken from NCBTMB approved providers. Most salon/spa professional liability insurance is valid for all NCBTMB approved modalities of bodywork.
Hope its as easy for you as it is here.

Latest posts

Back