relationship with other nail techs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ns21

Reaction score
Hiya everyone! Just thought I'd ask.....How do you get along with other nail techs?

The reason for my question is because I have a client who is also a nail tech. I been doing her nails even before she was a nail tech. We lost touch for about a year and I recently began doing her nails again. It's just now evertime she has an appointment to get her nails done with me she starts telling me "do you have this now (products for example), I do". I don't want to sound jealous but I think she is trying to compete with me. She has to have everything better than me. Now every time I see her I dred it because I know what is coming.

Am I wrong to feel this way?

NIdia

:D
Hi Nidia
perhaps your client isnt competing with you but is looking up to you ,if shes a Nailtech she wouldn't keep having her nails done by you if she was competing with you would she?
You could be very usefull to each other for ideas ect?
dont worry enjoy each others company

Ruby

As you no some of us geeks have been having regular monthy meetings, we are all from the same district and we have a goold old gossip when we get together. It is nice that we can all get on and not have the back stabbing which goes on.

Amanda

:suprised: In the Bigger city and larger suburban areas where there are many techs I havnt found this so much........... But, if you happen to come across this type of situation more than likely its the same person that will ..........................................
lets say gets under your skin...directly or indirectly.
Only you know how comfortable you FEEL having this person as part of your clientle.....
I have experienced "other techs & other techs clients" and Im sure that we ALL have That no matter how NICE U are Or Not.[Salon situations u are a little bit more accsessable as with your displays]you dont recieve the desired interest,sometimes the opposite.
So how to cope with this??????? In the past 20yrs updating Education-when and where available.Increased product information as trends and standards excelled,and the desire to achieve by the SHEER LOVE of what your doing [NAILS] is exactly what they are trying to find in you! Obviously they are still looking! Do It First AND They Are Only Ever Copying ................... ;) Chin Up
jnail AUSTRALIAxx

my old nail technician who is a geek paula1973 was the one who got me addicted to nails.
when i told her i wanted to do nails she was really supportive giving me a lot of tips. when i would see her out on a saturday night she would grab my hand to see my nails and gave me posotive remarks.
when she left her position as a nail technician in a hair salon she even asked me if i was up to taking over..............
no better compliment than that
she has been brilliant...............
miss ya paula :cry:

hi i love seeing other nail techs /beauty therapists , i see diesel 1976 quite a lot and am forever asking her advise , it is great to be able to bounce ideas off each other , but i see wot your saying , i suppose we are lucky on here that no feels threatened by anyone else,and that we all help and support each other,

Ahhh...try not to feel that way Nidia, sometimes it's good to have other nail techs to chat too. All my mates are nail techs or beauty therapist and I love the support and new ideas for nail art we all come up with. Why not get her to do your nails in trade? I am sure she's not trying to out do you maybe just keep up with you.

All the best

Rae

I have 2 nail tech clients and a several beauty therapists and hairdresser clients. I really enjoy chatting to people who are passionate about the same industry as I am. I am in touch with quite a few techs - both local and across the UK and like sharing thoughts and ideas.

Don't worry about the 'competition'. Keep producing beautiful nails and let your work speak for itself.

Don't worry, she sounds like she is trying to impress you........ So take it as a complement that she is trying hard to stay in touch with all that is going on in her nail world.......
Not every body has a sinister motive.........
If she was seriously trying to out league you, would she be so upfront about her latest acquisitions in her nail world ????
I have a brilliant relationship with my biggest competitor just around the corner, 2 mins. walk from my shop to hers.........
We share the latest gossip, the latest buys and even some clients....I have my lunch at times with her, as she has a chill area and I haven't...lol
She is still my competition but hey where would we be if someone or something would not keep us on our toes..........

Latest posts

Back