Remembering chocolate factory sweets

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny

Reaction score
ok, my friend started a great discussion with this question so I thought I'd put it on here.

You have won a golden ticket to go around Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. What sweets would you score?

Happy sweet remembering x

Oh mine would have to be spangles, Marathons (snickers now), sherbet foundations and walnut whips. :cool: Oh the good old days ;)

I doubt you would get snickers in the willy wonka factory but I would love to try some of the gum that made that girl blow up and turn blue and then wash it down with the drink that charlie and his grandpa drank that made them float . . . . . .

If you are a sweet addict like me try out www.villagesweetshop.com/ . All the old favourites are on there. My favourites are pear drops, winternips and straberry millions.

Mine would have to be the Chocolate river....mmmmmmm And then the marshmellow out of the mushrooms....yummieeeeee

Do they still make the coffee flavour walnut whips? I used to love those but can't find them in Ireland! :rolleyes:

I'm more of a chewy sweet king of a girl...Haribo are my absolute fave. If they did giant Haribo I would be a very happy (but extremely fat) bunny.

OMG I absolutely lived on Cherry Lips and Floral Gums at school! nice balanced diet eh?? I used to go to school with one of the Thorntons so as you can imagine we got through ALOT of Thorntons chocs too! Jxx

Anything - Im not fussy - just very sweet toothed. Used to love Glees, they were a chewy fruit sweet. Black jacks and fruit salad - when I was a girl you could get 8 for a penny, and that's old money - and now I've just made myself look ancient!! Couldn't eat a whole mars bar when I was younger, but they're about half the size they were and I'm about double the size I was (well prob triple lol) so now it's a piece of cake (well a chocolate bar to be precise lol). Sherbet lemons too - when your cheeks would go funny when you'd sucked through to the sherbet! Milk bottles were good - well as I started, anything rocks when it comes to sweets! Oh those were the days!!!!!

ALEX said:
If you are a sweet addict like me try out www.villagesweetshop.com/ . All the old favourites are on there. My favourites are pear drops, winternips and straberry millions.
Oh talk about will power!!!

I'm on a very strict diet, and stupidly I thought it would be a great idea to check out your EXCELLENT website!!

But Boy! Does this site bring back memories! A couple of times a week, my ma would give us 20pence or so and we would nip across the road to the pub (!!) where they had a little side door with a tiny tuck shop selling all our favourites! We would get our little paper bag full of penny chews and dash back in time for good old corrie!

Those were the days!! :D

noooooooooooooooooooooo - Noosha, I refused to look at that website until you said you looked- my mouth is literally watering with all those sweets - I'm so hungry now!

JackieMc said:
Do they still make the coffee flavour walnut whips? I used to love those but can't find them in Ireland! :rolleyes:

Hiya Jackie,
The coffee ones were discontinued, but marks and spencer have there own range of walnut whips and coffee is included. Not tried them so don't know how thay compare to the proper ones :biggrin:

It's official, being a Nail Geek is bad for your diet.

I'm doing Weight Watchers at the mo and have managed to lose 12lb but have been stuck at this for a couple of weeks. I weighed in yesterday and when I found I was the same weight I got a tad depressed and then I read this sweet shop thread and got a real craving for some Haribo.

I was only planning on having a few but when I looked down i'd eaten the entire bag which must be at least 12 points (i'm only supposed to have 18 a day).

NOW I'M REALLY DEPRESSED!!!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry guys, this was supposed to be fun, not to depress you all!!!!! I was thinking more of the sweets from the film such as square sweets that look round & the flavoured wall paper. Wouldn't mind a chocolate river either.

I have heard of another website called www.aquarterof.com which does all the old 'school' sweets ie toffee crumble etc. Mind you they're not a couple of pence anymore.

Bunny said:
Sorry guys, this was supposed to be fun, not to depress you all!!!!! I was thinking more of the sweets from the film such as square sweets that look round & the flavoured wall paper. Wouldn't mind a chocolate river either.

I have heard of another website called www.aquarterof.com which does all the old 'school' sweets ie toffee crumble etc. Mind you they're not a couple of pence anymore.

O Bunny this is fatal!! I've just been on the site and they do allllll the sweets I love!!! I can hear my credit card calling me..... J xx

Maybe I'd better think of a different thing to remember. Erm like shows you watched as a kid & fashions too?

Bunny said:
Maybe I'd better think of a different thing to remember. Erm like shows you watched as a kid & fashions too?

Oooo well thats easy! (I have most of them on DVD!)

Barnaby the Bear
Rupert
Mary, Mungo and Midge
The Herbs
You and Me
Micheal Bentines Potty Time!!
Fingermouse
Handy Pandy
Camberwick Green/Chigley/Trumpton
Bagpuss (ahhh Bagpuss...)

O yes... the 70's was TOP for kids tv, no echo warrior cartoons trying to take over the world then! nooooo.

J xxx

I loved you & me!! Wasn't that the one with the pink & purple hippoes with the Jamaican accents, I think? Also, Chorlton & the Wheelies was the best! Especially with Fenella the Witch! LOL! I found it on dvd the other day & I remembered the episode from when I was little!!

Bunny said:
I loved you & me!! Wasn't that the one with the pink & purple hippoes with the Jamaican accents, I think? Also, Chorlton & the Wheelies was the best! Especially with Fenella the Witch! LOL! I found it on dvd the other day & I remembered the episode from when I was little!!

O yeah Chorlton was FAB!!! Fenella used to get so angry and stamp about then vanish! You and me had a bunch of different characters and they alternated it so one day it was a crow and a hamster (!!) and one day it was a Crocodile, I don't remember any hippoes but I'll ask Chris later, he'll remember! J xx

Am starting to wonder if we are thinking of the same show! I don't remember any hamsters or crows but I do remember the washing up liquid bottle catterpillar on let's pretend!

Latest posts

Back