Remembering nail disorders and diseases

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharmaine

Reaction score
Hey geeks,

I've just started a Nail course with Young Nails, they have sent workbooks out for nail A&P and H&S...I'm struggling to find a way to revise and remember the different nail diseases and disorders they all sound so familiar. Any advice/tips on how to revise and remember would be appreciated. I would say my learning style is pretty mixed...I learn well through writing out the same things over and over again and I have a bit of a photographic memory.

Thanks in advance x

Hi Sharmaine! When I did my certification over a year ago, both for anatomy and the conditions and disorders some of my teachers had either catchy rhymes mostly for bones. Or we'd learn disorders and conditions by associating the name with the visual aspect of the issue.

Long story short it really depends on how your brain works. I don't do well with rhymes or anything like that. I have a photographic memory so I learned everything by associating the images to the disorder.

There are also patterns in the names that help, like how some of the fungal issues have similar suffixes or prefixes.

Anyway, study hard, know yourself and play with the best methods for you, and good luck!

Last edited:
Hi Sharmaine! When I did my certification over a year ago, both for anatomy and the conditions and disorders some of my teachers had either catchy rimes, mostly for bones. Or we'd learn disorders and conditions by associating the name with the visual aspect of the issue.

Long story short it really depends on how your brain works. I don't do well with rimes or anything like that. I have a photographic memory so I learned everything by associating the images to the disorder.

There are also patterns in the names that help, like how some of the fungal issues have similar suffixes or prefixes.

Anyway, study hard, know yourself and play with the best methods for you, and good luck!

Thank you Fisou, the rhymes sound like a good way to remember I will have a look around and see if I can find some, there are bound to be some on the internet :) xx

Hi! I'm currently training with young nails too! I'm learning about nail disorders and diseases at the minute too and like yourself am struggling! I write down each disorder then do a few bullet points and look at the picture while doing so, it helps to write the key words down to make it easier (for me anyway) and to see the picture to identify it if I ever come across it! I hope that helps! My exam is tomorrow

Hi! I'm currently training with young nails too! I'm learning about nail disorders and diseases at the minute too and like yourself am struggling! I write down each disorder then do a few bullet points and look at the picture while doing so, it helps to write the key words down to make it easier (for me anyway) and to see the picture to identify it if I ever come across it! I hope that helps! My exam is tomorrow
Hey hun,
thank you for your tips I will give that a try, it sounds like a good way to remember and learn. good luck with your exam xx

Latest posts

Back