Reminder: Secret Santa Parcel Late?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to remind everyone of notes that appeared in the original thread regarding Secret Santas.

But before I do, please know that I DO UNDERSTAND your anticipation for your own parcels and your anxiety concerning the ones that you sent.
TRUST ME, I sent out a slew of them.:eek:
I UNDERSTAND:!:

This is the thread:
http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/61448-geek-secret-santa-2007-a.html

And the part I'd like to remind you of:

Please do NOT pm me before February 1st if you have not received your parcel. If you pm me before the 1st, I will ignore it and delete it. Sorry.. but I was inundated last year…
If the postal service is what it usually is at Christmas.. (and of course it will be) I'm sure it's likely to happen that someone will get a parcel late.
If by February 1st, you've received nothing, ONLY THEN will I contact your Santa to find out what's going on

There will be NO reassigning of Secret Santa’s this year. Last year was the first Secret Santa, and a learning experience. It’s unfair to ask others to send out more than one gift. I greatly appreciated the geeks that stepped out to help out those that didn’t receive, but it’s not fair to them to pick up the slack.
So, if you get assigned a “dud” in terms of a Secret Santa and that Santa never sends their gift, I’m truly sorry. That’s the risk we take. In any case, this is about giving and not receiving. It’s unfortunate.. but… as they say “**** happens”.
NOTE: I still have last year’s list. I KNOW who didn’t send last year. They are NOT allowed to participate this year.:evil:

I'm sure some of you are bummed.. but... You have no idea the circles I ran in, pm'ing back and forth, keeping names secret, trying to follow up on things without going insane with confusion.
And in most cases - it was due to postal delays, that no one could control.

IF by February 1st, you have nothing or not received word about what you sent, then PLEASE by all means, contact me and I will look into it for you.

Giant :hug: and thanks for understanding:hug:

Sorry I didn't see the original thread, but I have to say that as it was organised earlier this year then to wait til Feb 1st before being able to do something would seriously pee me off, especially if I had sent my gift in plenty of time. I know the post is slow at Christmas ... but Feb 1st???????? Come on!

If needs be ask someone to help you Victoria because I think it unfair for people to have to wait until over a month after Christmas to get a Secret Santa sorted.

You're obviously busy at this time of year, so maybe let someone else take the reins next year who has the time to sort it - it would make your life easier :hug:

I do agree with Sass on this,i didn't want to do it so early,but as that was decided that's what we did,from nov to feb is a very long time to wait,it's not secret easter bunny :D (ok slight exaggeration but ykwim :D)

TBH - I'm cool.
My ss 'assignment' has got hers already, so I can relax about that.

Victoria, if you need some help, let me know hun and I will do my best.

I must admit I wish I had sent mine later but as it is because it started early my SS got hers on the 28th November, I should have waited a bit longer :lol: I took part in a SS in three forums this year and am waiting for my packages but at least everyone got theirs from me. Either I need to change my soap or its the postal service at fault. I sent over seas packages signed for delivery as I dont trust the UK post so thats a long time to wait to start tracking packages if other Santa's did the same.

Thanks though Victoria, you worked hard on this :hug:

OMG I just read the rules, I saw a post when it started but not all that so when I PM'd my name top of my list was nail stuff. Ooops. Its always top of my wish list for birthdays and christmas though. Me bad. :rolleyes:

Sorry I didn't see the original thread, but I have to say that as it was organised earlier this year then to wait til Feb 1st before being able to do something would seriously pee me off, especially if I had sent my gift in plenty of time. I know the post is slow at Christmas ... but Feb 1st???????? Come on!

If needs be ask someone to help you Victoria because I think it unfair for people to have to wait until over a month after Christmas to get a Secret Santa sorted.

You're obviously busy at this time of year, so maybe let someone else take the reins next year who has the time to sort it - it would make your life easier :hug:

I completely understand what you're saying. And I see your point.

BUT although it was organized earlier.... very many didn't send their gifts 'earlier' as soon as they got their assignment. Which, I had anticipated when I put the thread up in the first place.
There are SS's that still haven't sent their gifts yet.

This is FACT, not conjecture. Within this last week, I have received a few pm's along the lines of "I accidentally deleted my geek's addie, can you please resend".
This has happened several times.

We are December 13th.... and some gifts haven't left their resective building's yet to go to their geeks.
Then there's international waters to contend with, and postal delays at each end of the shipment at it's respective post office.
To wait for the xmas rush to be over at the post office is not unreasonable.

I don't make the decisions lightly, they were based on the previous experience of running higgledy-piggledy for absolutely no reason other than a SS did not send their parcel when they should have. And history has proven that my nagging them doesn't improve matters either.

If you want to run it, then by all means, I'll send the list.

But I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say that I felt resentful and hurt that people didn't feel that I was doing my best.

:hug:

PS:

Just for the record, I sent out 10 parcels and haven't received a single confirmation for any of them. To Geeks here in Canada, the UK & US & Spain.
Ordinarily, within Canada, it's about 3 or 4 days. In the US, it takes about a week. The Uk... I never know, it varies. BUT I chose a shipment method that was SUPPOSED to be within 10days..and they still haven't recieved their parcels yet:irked:

Not one single confirmation. Nor have I received anything myself.
Just some food for thought, with regards to postal delays.

Like I said, I'm as anxious as the rest of you.

I can vouch for Spain... the postal service here is pretty abysmal and shambolic...

a letter posted from one town to the next town a few miles down the road could take weeks to arrive...not at all...or the next day!!! And that isn't at Christmas time...

it is the same from overseas...my mum's parcels arrive sometimes in record time... or not at all... or arrive and get sent back...( thats their favourite ) ....

funnily enough...posting FROM Spain to overseas is brilliant...never a problem there...

Yes, feb is a long time to wait so perhaps those geeks who cant or dont want to wait can get their ss name from Victoria and chase them up themselves about the non arrival of the parcel.
To be honest I really dont see why Victoria should have to do it, its been enough work for her to set the whole thing up for us. jmho

hows the saying go...its the giving and not the receiving...

I have sent mine and i know its been received, if i don't get one then hey ho...there is more to life, and far more things to get stressed over....:lol:

BUT although it was organized earlier.... very many didn't send their gifts 'earlier' as soon as they got their assignment. Which, I had anticipated when I put the thread up in the first place.

This is FACT, not conjecture. Within this last week, I have received a few pm's along the lines of "I accidentally deleted my geek's addie, can you please resend".

We are December 13th.... and some gifts haven't left their resective building's yet to go to their geeks.
Then there's international waters to contend with, and postal delays at each end of the shipment at it's respective post office.

I don't make the decisions lightly, they were based on the previous experience of running higgledy-piggledy for absolutely no reason other than a SS did not send their parcel when they should have. And history has proven that my nagging them doesn't improve matters either.

But I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say that I felt resentful and hurt that people didn't feel that I was doing my best.

Not sure if me offering to help is included in this?

Just incase, I would like to make it clear thet I have no problems with the rules and how you are running it....... Just wanted you to know that I was happy to help out if I can - to save you from dealing with it all on your own.

Mine was sent out last week and is a uk geek so hoping I see its been recieved soon :hug:

Yes, feb is a long time to wait so perhaps those geeks who cant or dont want to wait can get their ss name from Victoria and chase them up themselves about the non arrival of the parcel.
To be honest I really dont see why Victoria should have to do it, its been enough work for her to set the whole thing up for us. jmho

I dont think anyone meant she should and I'm sure peeps would be happy to chase it themselves if they felt strongly enough about it but if thats the case they still need to PM Victoria to get the names :hug:

I haven't even sent mine yet !!!

I want it to be received as close to xmas as possible and it will be sent recorded so hopefully there should be no problems with it going missing !!

Surely people aren't panicking yet ?!

Surely people aren't panicking yet ?!

Want to look at my 'inbox'?
:lol::lol::lol:

I'm sorry if I came across as 'cross' earlier, but it's been a frightful morning and a worse day, so far.

Sincerely, I do understand. If anyone feels strongly enough about this, then as I said; by all means, please pm me with your email address and I will email you the word document with the list. I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just saying "sure, take the reins and run the show".
I don't want to argue bout this, and make a mountain out of a molehill. So if people don't like how I do it, then please go ahead and take care of it. I'm not going to complain if someone else wants to do the work.

No Gelly, I was not answering to you, I was answering to Sassy. Sorry for any confusion.

In truthfullness, I DO enjoy setting it up. It's exciting. It's fun and I dearly LOVE reading all the posts about how people are happy with their pressies.
But it puts me off when there are complaints.
I planned it out, to run the most efficiently and simply that I was able to.
I'm sorry if I didn't reach that end.

As Bagpuss said "its the giving not the receiving":hug:
I am so happy I posted mine and my geek pmed me happy with her gift and that is all that counts.
If mine never arrives then hey ho :hug:

Victoria......you can dress it up as much as you like but I think what Sassy is trying to say is that your fired........lol.

Victoria......you can dress it up as much as you like but I think what Sassy is trying to say is that your fired........lol.

Fine
then pm me an email address to which to send the list.

Victoria, I think you have done a great job organising the secret santa and I would probably be doing my nut if id gone to the trouble of sorting it out and were getting pm's BEFORE xmas asking where peoples secret santa present was !

In the UK we haven't even reached the last posting date yet for christmas so god only knows why people are panicking already, i think the geeks that are stressing should just get xmas out the way first before worrying if its been sent :!:

Anyway happy christmas to everyone !!! xx

Fine
then pm me an email address to which to send the list.

Victoria, get a grip girl. Dont take it so personal......its not the end of the world if someone doesnt get their gift on time. No ones gonna thinks any worse of you as a person and its just a bit of fun......well supposedly. Just let it ride.....if people get their gifts then thats great but if they dont then Oh well....... people pay out on the lottery every week but that doesn't guarantee them getting the jackpot......its just the risk you take. Now take your list and make a paper aeroplane and throw it out the window......and enjoy yourself a Merry Xmas.

Latest posts

Back