Removal enquiry regarding gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGritt

Reaction score
Dear geeks,

Hello! I've had another nail technicians client approach me to remove a full set of gels! I only work with acrylic but removal process is the same method isn't it?

Her nail tech told the client that the gels would have to be removed by filing the gels off which will also ruin her natural nails! :eek:

Like I say I don't know about gels, I use attraction acrylic by NSI and remove with acetone in a bowl heated by hot water and slide the acrylic layer by layer once ready and softened. Would this be the case with gels? I only file any left over acrylic off the natural nail if any and then lightly buff and tidy up then add my cuticle oil.

The client is going to message her gel tech to ask which brand of product was used as I am presuming there are soak off gels and file off gels??!!

Ay help would be greatly appreciated, the gel nail tech is also a German lady so I am really unsure of what brand of product she used until I get a reply from her.

Kindest regards

Kaz xxxx

If it's a buff-off gel (which it sounds like it is), then yes you need to file it off. You should leave a very thin layer on the nail to avoid filing the nail itself. If you're worried about doing it, can you ask your client to go back to the place the had them applied for removal?

Thanks for the reply,

I may ask her to return back to the gel tech as I don't work with gel. I'm just really worried that the gel tech advised her that removal will hurt and ruin her natural nails! But I don't want to file them off incase I take too much off which I doubt I would.

If I was a client I would of hopefully thought that the nail tech would of told me about the removal process of them and maybe asked if she provided a soak off set instead!

Xxxx

OH MY GOD!

The gel tech has just messaged the client and told her to try soaking her nails in polish remover to see if they soften, if not they will have to be filed!

I don't know if this nail tech knows what she is using!

OH MY GOD!

The gel tech has just messaged the client and told her to try soaking her nails in polish remover to see if they soften, if not they will have to be filed!

I don't know if this nail tech knows what she is using!

She certainly doesn't know her product.How odd.
I think you can safely assume it isn't a soak off gel as she would definitely know as it really doesn't file that well and she must have to infil.
Have a search on hard gel removal.Basically it is starting with a coarse grit and going down to very fine as you reach the natural nail either leave a very thin layer or you maybe able to soak the last bit off with acetone.If she had them done at an NSS they may well be their version of l and p they call it gel if thats what a client wants but its just that concrete stuff they use on everyone.They sometimes gel top the last layer so people think they have had gel.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back