Removal of acrylic - how to please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrincessKiki

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I hope you can help me!
I have been asked by a friend if I will remove her acrylics then shellac or gelish.
I have only trained in natural nails so would really appreciate if someone could give me a step by step on how to remove.
I know that she should really be going to get them removed at the salon where she had them applied however she cannot get appointment for this week and wants them doing before the weekend.
From what I can remember about when I had acrylics on I think I need to cut the tips down, file off the bulk of the product, then soak in acetone - is this correct??
Many thanks in advance,
Kiki x:lol:

If you are not trained in any form of acrylic application or removal, you really should get some more training in, otherwise, you may not be insured if anything goes wrong in your procedure, our insurance and ability to be insured is what sets us aside from backyard wannabe techs

Thanks NailZoo - I know what you mean - however I'm not interested in doing acrylic nails at the moment. I currently only do natural nail treatments and I am happy with that for now.
I have only agreed to remove them as it is for a friend. She knows that I don't do acrylics but as I said in OP she can't get in to the salon for removal.
I have my insurance for my natural nail treatments and I am aware that I won't be covered to do the removal.
Thanks,
Kiki x

Thanks Izzidoll - will look through these x

Latest posts

Back