Removal of Acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shell-red

Reaction score
Has anyone any tips on the best and fasted way of removal of Acrylic, does it come off quicker if warm towels are place over the hands?

Thanks

Hi,
I use the foil wrapping method when soaking acrylics and it does work faster when the nails are warmed so I bought a wheat bag (alternative to a hot water bottle) I warm this in the microwave and place on top of the hands. It stays warmer longer than a warm towel and does seem to make soaking off alot quicker

Kelly x

I also use the foil method and rest the clients hands on a heated mitt. seems to help. I also have this nifty tool I got @ Sally Beauty years ago. you fill it with hot water, then it has two bowls you pour the acetone in. it works like a double boiler method.
i have also done this with a custard cup of acetone bathed in a ceral bowl of hot water ala double boiler.

foil is my favorite though b/c the fumes are lessened.

Hi,

I use the foil method also and then wrap there hands in a fannell and put them in the heated mitten, I check them every 10 mins and it normally takes about 20-30 mins.

But I am not sure if you should put the hands in the heated mitten, this is why I check them. I have never had a prob.

HTH

Hi there

I use the 'easy soak' bowl which I find works well for me as you fill the finger wells with acetone and there is another compartment for the warm water, it`s quite comfy for the clients and it usually takes 20 mins.

Karen x

Has anyone any tips on the best and fasted way of removal of Acrylic, does it come off quicker if warm towels are place over the hands?

Thanks

This is what NSI recommends for the best way to remove acrylic enhancements:

To remove acrylic enhancements, completely saturate NSI Nail Wipes with NSI 100% Pure Acetone and place on top of the acrylic enhancements. Wrap each enhancement in a piece of aluminum foil and let them set for approximately 15 minutes. This will dissolve the acrylic enhancement.

I've got an easysoak bowl too and its fab. cost about thirty pounds and is well worth the money. Acetone goes in the individual finger wells which is good if you are only soaking the odd one, and fill the bowl up with tap hot water. is easy peasy, and theres no mess. takes twenty to thirty minutes max. hth x

I usually use a soak bowl ......

But after seeing some advice on here, I have recently used the foil method ... Cotton wool ball with acetone, wrapped in foil (I double book and leave them for about 20 mins), take the foil off, a quick scrape and it's all gone.

No need to heat a bowl or stuff, when you wrap in foil their own body heat does the trick, they can still flick the pages of a magazine ..... it's a brilliant method (and no messy cleanup).

It's also a great method for just one nail when doing a rebalance as the finger is isolated in foil and you can continue with the other nails as usual.

Get with the program!!!!!!

i know this is an older post, but...

in school i was told to take a fair amount of product off with an efile then soak, cuts time almost in half since you dont have to wait for the acetone to soak thru as much product....seems to work. i'm actually taking mine off tongiht and starting a fresh set (i have naturals on right now and am changing to a full glitter design i think...will post photos of my nails in the next few days).

Latest posts

Back