Removal of damaged enhancements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ultraviolet73

Reaction score
Hi geeks. This may sound a bit dumb.... As I am still training and learning to be a nail tech. It can be confusing at times :cry: I have searched the forums and can't seem to find the answer to this? :smack:

Ok heres my question. What would differ in procedure from removing a damaged temporary or permanent enhancement than it would for a none damaged one? (any system).

I have to write an essay on this, so any advice would be very much appreciated.

Apart from the obvious that you would have to treat it much more gently if the nail bed was also damaged.

Thanks all x

hi

i think that apart from if they were very badly damaged and infected you would treat them the same.

cut them down, buff off suface and soak in product remover or acetone - sometimes you get a buff off only gel so you would need to use an abrasive to remove that and be VERY careful close to the nail bed.

If they were infected or badly damaged i would be reluctant to remove them at all and refer client to GP. They can then be removed in the usual way once they have healed/ infection has cleared up.

hope that helps a bit!

Thanks for your reply.

You have confirmed what I already thought....... That it would be the same procedure.

Which is why I am confused as to why removal of a damaged enhancement would be any different to a none damaged one? :irked:

If any geek out there does know if you need to do something a different way, please do let me know.....

Latest posts

Back