removal of enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

florence2004

Reaction score
ok this post is twofold:
Firstly am I right in thinking that is someone wants to change their nail tech and come to me and intially wants fills then I have to remove these extensions and put new ones on as they are not the same system?

secondly I am finding that there are an awful lot of NSS over here and some of the clients that contact me have no idea what brand of product has been used previously on their nails or in the case of gel whether it is buff off or soak off - what do I do in these cases - will soak of gel also buff off? The clients seem really reluctant to go back to previous nail tech and ask them how to remove the product so a bit stuck there.

Thanks

JMO....but you CAN work over other techs products....

If you get a new client who already has enhancements .........you do not have to soak and remove the old product you can just file down and do the fill as normal ......the colours might be a tad different ....but it can be done ......

You could suggest to the " new" client that they will have better results if they start new... so that they can have "your chosen system" but it is not necessary.........

As for the clients coming from a NSS salon.....do the same as above ...and it should be fine

If a client comes to you for infills and have had a set applied by a different nail technician, as long as the product is intact no lifting, no problems etc then you can infill/re balance over that existing product, you may see very slight colour difference between your product and the existing product. Its entirely up to you to use your judgement if there are no problems with the enhancements then like i say re balance over.
When you dont know what the product is......just something to note...you can use l&p to rebalanced over gel you can also use gel and re balance over l&p...
just use your judgement to decide whether the product allready applied is ok, and if not then maybe a soak/file off is called for

ok this post is twofold:
Firstly am I right in thinking that is someone wants to change their nail tech and come to me and intially wants fills then I have to remove these extensions and put new ones on as they are not the same system?

secondly I am finding that there are an awful lot of NSS over here and some of the clients that contact me have no idea what brand of product has been used previously on their nails or in the case of gel whether it is buff off or soak off - what do I do in these cases - will soak of gel also buff off? The clients seem really reluctant to go back to previous nail tech and ask them how to remove the product so a bit stuck there.

Thanks

If i new they had been to a nss salon yes i normally soak them off and put a fresh set on as i find after awhile there acrylic starts to yellow alittle and i hate going over there products as they take so long to file down.

Yes soak gel you can buff off but if it soaks off i would do that not buff it off.

They probably don't want to go back as they have had a bad experience xx

ive now got to the point where i no longer take on nails that have been done at nss , as its just too much like hard work,
if they are off i will gladly do them, but i for one am not going to sit there filing for england, ruining my files, and then not be happy with the result for no one no more!!!!!
i used to though, but i never soaked off, i always rebalanced over the other product, unless i was sure of the existing products or salons.
so in answer to your question, you dont have to remove if everything is intact as has been said before, some prefer to do so, but i dont
i also find that it is very wearing to try to educate these people aswell about mms or nss, and it just drains me so!!!!!
sorry for waffling xx

Latest posts

Back