Removal of gel extensions and full set?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty Tips

Reaction score
Hiya,

I'm just wondering how long it takes for you guys to do a full removal of gel extensions and then a full set?
I try and avoid but my clients natural nails had caught up and she wanted them cut right back again.

It took me 1hr 30 mins to remove last night, file off not soak off. And then I've booked her in for a full set Friday evening as it took so long and she wanted to leave! :( I just tidied up after with a little cuticle work and clear polish for now. Luckily she is a close friend but I don't want a client I don't know to go through this.

I use Cuccio T3 gel and it is just regular polish on top. I do use fuse on her before hand but surely that wouldn't affect too much as it's file off.

I'm not trained to use an electric file either which makes it harder.

Any tips please? TIA :)

That's why I refuse to use non soak off gels.

Why didn't you just file down the length and infill?

I'm perplexed lol.

Basically she doesn't like her natural nail underneath to show so every time they catch up with her extensions they are removed, nails cut down shorter and a full set re-applied.

Yes but if you file down the length why would her natural nail show you could remove the whole free edge & infill?

Am I being really dopey I don't understand why you would ever take off all the gel unless she didn't want enhancements any more?

Lol I don't know if I'm being dopey now - her natural nail obviously grows and after a few infills it reaches the end of the extensions after filing down to desired length each time. She doesn't like this look and always then has her nails cut down shorter so they can't really be seen.

Mine are a bad example as mine are short and you can't really see (also ignore the state of them :oops:) but this is what I mean - she wants them to be as short as possible similar to this. You can't actually see my nail really.

Just to add she has them quite long, similar to mine if that makes more sense why she doesn't like the underneath of natural nail to show.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 155
I'd file her nail down all the way to remove the entire free edge pop on a form & add whatever length she wanted of purely product no natural nail...? I'm confuzzled.

I don't sculpt see - I only offer extensions with tips.

Well my dear today is the day so you never do this again ;)

It sounds scarier than it is. You know how to apply the product so you CAN sculpt I promise. All you need is a form that is fitted as flush to the nail as humanly possible. No gap between form & nail will result in the right shape. Honestly give it a go you have nothing to lose practice on yourself after watching a few vids on form application :D

If I never have to do it again it would be too soon!

It does sound SO much easier, I've tried a couple of times with forms but I can never get them to sit flush!
I will definitely try though, I'll have a practise tonight in time for her appointment tomorrow :)

Thank you for your help! :D

A good quality form helps as it will stay firmly attached & snug. Give it a good roll before you apply & deep breaths if it doesn't go well at first. It's new but not beyond your capability. I've seen your nails you are perfectly skilled enough to do it so don't doubt yourself & persevere :)

Oh thank you :)
I will definitely have a go - I'll post how I get on lol.

The thing is this is what naturally happens......... You get enhancements your nail grows...... You rebalance........ Your nail grows you rebalance ........ Your nail grows you rebalance & TA DAH!!! Your left with something called a natural nail overlay!! That's what you tell your friend! X

If I never have to do it again it would be too soon!

It does sound SO much easier, I've tried a couple of times with forms but I can never get them to sit flush!
I will definitely try though, I'll have a practise tonight in time for her appointment tomorrow :)

Thank you for your help! :D

If you're struggling with forms ( I was BIG TIME) watch this tutorial

It's so helpful, after watching it , I formed myself no problem, I found sticking the tabs together helped, and being shown how / why to tailor the form really helped too. It'll also take time off your service as once you get the knack its much quicker x

The thing is this is what naturally happens......... You get enhancements your nail grows...... You rebalance........ Your nail grows you rebalance ........ Your nail grows you rebalance & TA DAH!!! Your left with something called a natural nail overlay!! That's what you tell your friend! X

Yeah I've explained all this but nothing will stop her having extensions and then removed to cut her natural nail. I have tried explaining more than once :rolleyes:

If you're struggling with forms ( I was BIG TIME) watch this tutorial

It's so helpful, after watching it , I formed myself no problem, I found sticking the tabs together helped, and being shown how / why to tailor the form really helped too. It'll also take time off your service as once you get the knack its much quicker x

Brilliant thank you!! Fab video!!
She's pulled her appointment forward so haven't had as much time to practise but she is aware so fingers crossed it goes ok!! :D

Brilliant thank you!! Fab video!!
She's pulled her appointment forward so haven't had as much time to practise but she is aware so fingers crossed it goes ok!! :D

If you've got forms, even just practice 1 or 2 on yourself, getting them on is the hardest part. Once you feel how easy it is to fit them when you have already stuck your wee bottoms tabs together you'll be flying!

Also much easier for shaping as I extend my clear bonding layer onto the form and make it the shape I want the nail, then It's just the same process as applying to a tip :)

I actually find application so much easier on a form, it was just getting the forms on that was holding me back .

Good luck with your appointment x

I agree with the comments above, and once you get the hang of using a form you will love it. I much prefer sculpting on forms to doing tips.

Thanks for all your help :)
It took me a while to do the first hand but by the second hand I was much quicker - I did hit a few snags though. Fitting the forms was definitely the hardest part but she was happy with the end results and hopefully with more practise I should pick it up.
I definitely prefer it to tips, it's so much easier but I need to make sure the application is a little neater as when taking the forms off they could be a bit jaggedy.

Here are some photos though and the end result :D

Thanks so much!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    548.1 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    441.5 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    243.9 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    430.6 KB · Views: 34
Thanks for all your help :)
It took me a while to do the first hand but by the second hand I was much quicker - I did hit a few snags though. Fitting the forms was definitely the hardest part but she was happy with the end results and hopefully with more practise I should pick it up.
I definitely prefer it to tips, it's so much easier but I need to make sure the application is a little neater as when taking the forms off they could be a bit jaggedy.

Here are some photos though and the end result :D

Thanks so much!!
Well done you! :)

Latest posts

Back