Removal of gel extensions and full set?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've recently qualified on acrylic and gel but been doing tips. I don't really like tips I find it a bit of a pain to find the right size, file them if too big and seem to be getting air bubbles every time I glue them. Decided to buy cheap form to practice and I did 2 friends with form. I found so much better and more fun to do and it took me less time! I loved it and now wonder why would anybody use tips!
Anyhow I'm going to invest in better forms but there are so many around I'm not sure which one to get?
Also do I need to train and get a qualification to apply forms if I want to add it to my services? I've seen courses on forms so I was wondering!

Well done! [emoji4]
I prefer forms too now and find them much quicker. I do a thin layer then remove the form, file to shape then apply the remainder of product. If I leave the forms in until the end I don't have the correct thickness or shape and spend too much time filing afterwards. My clients prefer them too.

Well done! [emoji4]
I prefer forms too now and find them much quicker. I do a thin layer then remove the form, file to shape then apply the remainder of product. If I leave the forms in until the end I don't have the correct thickness or shape and spend too much time filing afterwards. My clients prefer them too.

Hey! When you say a thin layer, do you mean the bonding layer or do you do another layer? How do the forms effect your shape / thickness? Sorry for a the Q's I'm pretty new to all this so eager to learn from fellow geeks x

Sorry I don't use gel only L&P but I find it much easier to do a thin layer similar to a tip then shape. It's very quick and only a quick shape and buff is needed afterwards. x

Yeah I've explained all this but nothing will stop her having extensions and then removed to cut her natural nail. I have tried explaining more than once :rolleyes:

I feel for you!![emoji31]

Well done! [emoji4]

Yeah I tried that when doing my own this evening - much easier to build the nail once the form has been removed and shaped I found.
I feel I'm definitely going to be a convert! Although it did take me forever to do my bad hand, I left the paining to tomorrow lol!

Yeah I tried that when doing my own this evening - much easier to build the nail once the form has been removed and shaped I found.
I feel I'm definitely going to be a convert! Although it did take me forever to do my bad hand, I left the paining to tomorrow lol!
Hey! Did yoveremove the form after your clear base layer? X

I've had one hand done for 2 days, decided I didn't like it so filed it down! I really need to get my ass in gear but I'm so fussy.

Hey! Did yoveremove the form after your clear base layer? X

Yeah I use Cuccio T3 so you can do the first layer a little thicker so after I had cured that layer I removed the form.
The first set I used forms for I did two layers and then removed the form and tidied up. I think you definitely need a good thickness before removing the form otherwise filing might cause the nail to break before you have been able to build it :)

I've had one hand done for 2 days, decided I didn't like it so filed it down! I really need to get my ass in gear but I'm so fussy.

I know what you mean!! I want every idea I have on one set but always end up changing my mind halfway through :D

Latest posts

Back