Removal of Gelicure and staining the nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillypops

Reaction score
Hi, I have struggled with removal.

I know sometimes you get a text book removal and other time you get a stubborn removal.
Well i just cnt seem to get a smooth,clean removal that should only sake 15 mins to soak off.
Ive tried cotton wool, ive tried lint free pads, ive tried the thicker pads.... I use the proper nubar infinity remover that i brought from palms.
I used to use normal foil, but am now using the thicker hairdresser foil. Ive even brought the magis foil removal and the edge removal Nail Foils. I just dont seem to make a difference.
I do lightly buff the top coat with a white block ( like i was trained to do) then put the remover on cotton wool,lint free pad etc... rap in foil... Leave for 15mins... even tried wrapping the hands in a towel to keep warm.

What am i doing wrong??

The idea is, once you remove the foil you should only need to lightly remove any extra with a wooden stick. But i find that there is always some left on. Especially around the tip area. I try and give a little pressure as i don't want to damage the natural nail and if i find that it still doesn't budge with ease then i re soak and try again. Some times it can take almost an hour from start to finish to totally remove all the from the nail.

Please help!

Also, one other thing. I used the colour Bois De Rose (brand new, first time ive used it) and when i cant to remove it from my client her natural nail was discoloured. I did give the bottle a good shake before i used it, as u can imagine i preach on how good the product it, yet her nails are stained and it takes me an hour to remove... Not good. :o(
Why would it discolour her nail? should i contact palms?

( sorry to rant , just concerned )

I remove and reapply Gelicure in under an hour.

My steps are as follows:

1) Using a low grit file remove the shine from cuticle to free edge in one strip (usually takes two or three swipes of the file)
2) Apply acetone to cotton wool
3) Wrap in hairdressers' foil
4) Move on to the next nail
5) Repeat for each nail
6) Wait for about 2 minutes
7) Remove first foil and gently scrape with metal cuticle pusher (this does not damage the natural nails any more than using a metal cuticle pusher to remove non-living tissue during prep)
8) Shape and prep 1st nail
9) Move onto 2nd wrap and repeat
10) Do the whole of the first had in this way
11) Apply Prep No. 2 to 1st hand fingers only (No need for No.1 since the acetone will have dehydrated the nail enough)
12) Apply basecoat to 1st hand fingers and put into lamp
13) Remove 1st wrap on 2nd hand whilst 1st hand is in the lamp
14) Keep switching hands - one hand applying product, one hand removing wraps and prepping
15) Second hand applying product
16) Thumbs alternating - one in lamp, one applying product

Hope you can see what I mean. If not, come and see me one Monday (when I have a day off) and I will remove and reapply yours so you can see.

I find Bois De Rose and A La Mode both stain, but a quick buff removes the stain.

PS. It is Saturday night and I have had a little to drink, so please excuse any typos :D

Very clear advice juicy lucy! Just to add, I found heartbreak stained too. X

Juicy Lucy what file (make & grit) do you use to remove shine/break top coat seal before removal? X

Very clear advice juicy lucy! Just to add, I found heartbreak stained too. X

You're right. I meant Heartbreak and not A La Mode (which does not stain).

Juicy Lucy what file (make & grit) do you use to remove shine/break top coat seal before removal? X

Quick swipes (not touching natural nail) with 180

I have tried Lucy's method but doesn't really work for me. The first hand is not usually ready so I make a cup of tea and talk colours then start removal.

I've found plum delight can stain too.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

My steps are as follows:

1) Using a low grit file remove the shine from cuticle to free edge in one strip (usually takes two or three swipes of the file)
5) Repeat for each nail
7) Remove first foil and gently scrape with metal cuticle pusher (this does not damage the natural nails any more than using a metal cuticle pusher to remove non-living tissue during prep)
11) Apply Prep No. 2 to 1st hand fingers only (No need for No.1 since the acetone will have dehydrated the nail enough)
14) Keep switching hands - one hand applying product, one hand removing wraps and prepping

Hope you can see what I mean. If not, come and see me one Monday (when I have a day off) and I will remove and reapply yours so you can see.

I find Bois De Rose and A La Mode both stain, but a quick buff removes the stain.

PS. It is Saturday night and I have had a little to drink, so please excuse any typos :D

Thank u, I have been given a lot of advice, and i will put it in to action and see how i get on, wish me luck!

Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

My steps are as follows:

5) Repeat for each nail

Ive had a call from palms today. I talked through my removal problems with them and also told them i wasn't happy with the Bois De Rose staining my clients nails. The basically said that they haven't had any other reports from it, Its a good seller and hasnt shown any problems. They asked if i was mixing products.... I said NO! as im not. Said was i putting pre 2 over the whole nails.... I said NO!
so said it could be my client putting her hands in somthing.... So i said, the staining was only where the gelicure had been applied and wasn't on the re-growth?
They have asked me to try it out once more and see how i get on this time with it and if i still have staining to ring up and tell them.

I know a few on here have said that Bois De Rose have stained nails, but no one has complained about it so as far as there concerned there hasn't been any problems.

So going to try it later on and see how i get on with it on my own nails now i have talked to them.

So if anyoe has had a problem with Bois De Rose please!! ring palms and tell them. x

Latest posts

Back