Removal of l&p nails/glitter toes before new set

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jolie69

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have separate charges for removal and new sets of both the above.

i have a client who wants removal of old (not mine) glitter toes and then new set. Also the same for tip and l&p.

If I charge for removal and new sets it's going to be a dear do! But it will take time (I'm also mobile -costs!!).

How do you mange this please?

A salon where she has been charges £10 for glitter toes - removal & new set or new set. They use e file so are quicker but how can I compete with that. I was charging £16 for new set of glitter toes only!

Hi,
I have this all the time, but with hair extensions,
when doing a removal, then a full set, it can take literally around 6 hours,sure girls can have removal,and a new fitting for say 3/4 hours,at half the price,but i can bet them my last penny that it wont be half as good a job,or wont last half as long,
I often get them ringing up,and saying "well i can get a full head done for £100"
my answer is go and have it done then,9 times out of 10 they call back,and book in with me.
Just be firm,make sure the client knows what she is expecting before hand,give her a breakdown of costs, if she wants to go to the £10 place, let her, i guarantee she wont, theres must be a reason shes not going back there? And if she doesnt want to go ahead,after hearing your prices,them bully for her.
I used to put special offer on literally all of the time,as i thought people wouldnt want to pay my prices,as they could get them done else where, now i charge diecent prices all of the time,im getting a far better clientel.

Kate x

thanks for that - I agree, why is this profession so poorly valued?

nails are definitely the hardest thing I've done and I'm still mastering and will continue to develop and learn about!

And I do love the client comment " I might try this I'm dying to have a go" or "It's not that hard to do on someone else is it?" etc...

Good luck!

lol, yep, because its dead easy to be a hairdresser,beauty therapist! hey,did you know that you can learn nail/hair extensions in 1 day!! makes me chuckle! half the time anyway,other half makes me mad!

the 1 that really gets me is when you get a clients friend/partner asking how much you charge,they ask you how many a week you do,then theyre trying to work out how much you make,then theyll say,wow, you must make a fortune!
i think they think because we make a living helping people look beautiful, that its not "real" business
we dont have to pay tax/N.I, we dont have to pay any over heads,our cars run on fairy dust.

Im actually really proud when i say to people Im a qualified beauty therapist,and hairdresser,some people look at me as if theyre thinking aww bless her,she thinks thats really intelligent of her,lol.........
Kate x

Hi all,
I have separate charges for removal and new sets of both the above.

i have a client who wants removal of old (not mine) glitter toes and then new set. Also the same for tip and l&p.

If I charge for removal and new sets it's going to be a dear do! But it will take time (I'm also mobile -costs!!).

How do you mange this please?

A salon where she has been charges £10 for glitter toes - removal & new set or new set. They use e file so are quicker but how can I compete with that. I was charging £16 for new set of glitter toes only!

Personally I think that £16 is far too cheap for glitter toes. Most people would pay £20-£25 for glitter toes and if I was you I wouldnt change your prices for this one person. Tell her you are cheap and you wont go cheaper. Maybe just charge her £5 for soak off as she having a new set, dont see why you should take it all off, with your time and products, why should you not charge. Tell her she can have a first time deal of £16 and after that its £20, that way she thinks she is getting a better deal. I have never heard of anyone doing glitter toes for £10, that what a file and polish normally costs, so maybe she has got it wrong. Good luck and stick to your guns, dont be foiled. Abi

Latest posts

Back