Removal of Orly Gel FX

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucyboo

Reaction score
Do those of you who use it find it really hard to remove where you have put the primer on the nail?
The free edge is proving really stubborn to remove!!!
Apart from the removal I'm loving this product & it's lasting we'll on all clients that have been using it.

I also struggle with removal at the free edge mainly with the dark colours and particularly Plum Noir - the lighter colours are fine. I have considered adding heat next time to see if that helps. Need to think of something as it really takes a while to get it off 😖

Yes I struggle with the time it takes to remove too. I'm hoping someone has an answer as I love the product and so do my clients. I applied a set without using any primer a few weeks ago but unfortunately they didn't last long at the free edge, they were very easy to remove though!

I was told at my training that it is possible to over soak. Making it harder to remove. Are you sure you are still only soaking for 10 mins?
What wraps are you using?
I've found the wraps I use now are better than the orly ones as they hold more remover.

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

I was told at my training that it is possible to over soak. Making it harder to remove. Are you sure you are still only soaking for 10 mins?
What wraps are you using?
I've found the wraps I use now are better than the orly ones as they hold more remover.

I'm using a lint free wipe soaked in solution & wrapped in foil, I file, buff & wrap one hand then wrap in a towel before starting the other hand then once I've finished the second hand I start unwrapping the first hand, everywhere comes off easily apart from the tip of the nail x

Do you lightly file the free edge to break the seal?

I'm using a lint free wipe soaked in solution & wrapped in foil, I file, buff & wrap one hand then wrap in a towel before starting the other hand then once I've finished the second hand I start unwrapping the first hand, everywhere comes off easily apart from the tip of the nail x
You'd be better using a cotton wool ball than a lint free wipe a these hold more remover and covers the whole nail bed properly... I do find some colours are harder than others to remove though specially the plum noir and naughty (I find that's a difficult colou to remove to remove from the whole nail plate :() other than that gel fx is my fave thing ever

Do you lightly file the free edge to break the seal?

I do, I get the length down to what client wants before soaking off x

I use the proCare foils and proCare foam pads. They hold more remover, which I find helps.

I use the proCare foils and proCare foam pads. They hold more remover, which I find helps.

Where do you get them from hun??

I buy mine from my local alan Howard.

You can get them from Adel's as well!

Howcould over soaking make removal more difficult?:-/

Not sure of the science behind it but I do find that the product almost re sets if left soaking for too long.

Latest posts

Back