Removal of semi-permanent brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I recently had my hair done by a stylist. My hair was dry afterwards, but I let it settle and have been using Osmo Moisture Mask, and it feels amazing and silky again!

My question is - my hair is too dark underneath. Upon having green removed, it was then toned with copper, and dyed with a semi-permanent brown (which I was not going for).
The upper layer was highlighted blonde again, which I really love, and it is my intention to be lighter all over.

What remover is usually used to remove semi-permanent brown? And would it affect the already light bleached parts which are blended with the brown underneath?

Is it possible to move from a balayage style to all over lightening?
Thank you :)

I recently had my hair done by a stylist. My hair was dry afterwards, but I let it settle and have been using Osmo Moisture Mask, and it feels amazing and silky again!

My question is - my hair is too dark underneath. Upon having green removed, it was then toned with copper, and dyed with a semi-permanent brown (which I was not going for).
The upper layer was highlighted blonde again, which I really love, and it is my intention to be lighter all over.

What remover is usually used to remove semi-permanent brown? And would it affect the already light bleached parts which are blended with the brown underneath?

Is it possible to move from a balayage style to all over lightening?
Thank you :)
Visit a professional who is trained to use these kind of products. Colour correction is a difficult task and can be so unpredictable 😑

Visit a professional who is trained to use these kind of products. Colour correction is a difficult task and can be so unpredictable 😑
Oh yes, I will be sure to do that. I'm just curious to have other professionals opinions on what type of remover/brand is usually used on semi-permanent dye specifically.
I understand that some work only on oxidative/permanent dyes.

Also, are stylists usually able to transition a balayage to full-head bleach/lightening?

I definitely won't be trying anything by myself as I am not qualified or capable.

Thank you.

Latest posts

Back