Removal of Twinkle Toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julie.brown63

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted some help, I'm practicing doing twinkle toes on myself before I start offering it to clients.

I use Opi Gelcolor for application this was my routine:

Base coat, coloured varnish, glitter, 2x top coat.

I've just come to remove it and it's taken me over 40 mins to remove. That's doing it the usual way of foul wraps.

Does anyone else have this problem or have any advice about removal?

Thanks

When I remove what I call Rockstar nails, I always file the top to break the seal before applying my foil wraps. It does take longer to remove so filing may be necessary.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

Hi

I haven't noticed any difference in time when I remove Rockstar nails only a difference, in the way it comes off. Rather than curling off in one big piece it sort of crumbles and goes soft and I very gently scrape it away. I also use OPI Gelcolor. I have noticed a difference in ease of removal when the client has cold hands though, so maybe this is why it took you longer? For these clients I use heated mitts or my Minx lamp to gently warm their hands or feet.

xx

This is fantastic, I'll try Gregs removal technique when I take my current ones off.

Thanks everyone! X

Latest posts

Back