Removal of wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybyab

Reaction score
Hi guys
I have tipped my wax heater up by accident and some wax had gone into the lid. I have scrapped the majority off but now there is a thin amount on the lid left, any ideas how to get rid of this? Any specific cleaning products for wax that you can recommend? Thank you.

Why not try wax equipment cleaner, can get it from any wholesalers
Always works for me hope that helps

Hi guys
I have tipped my wax heater up by accident and some wax had gone into the lid. I have scrapped the majority off but now there is a thin amount on the lid left, any ideas how to get rid of this? Any specific cleaning products for wax that you can recommend? Thank you.

I have a cleaning liquid I got with my pot, so use that or heat it up and try wipe off with wax strip x

I did this & I use the Hive wax equipment cleaner I love it I dropped some on my black tunic & just gentle rubbed it over, and also on the couch step I love it, as when its that time of the month I'm clumsy getting worse as gettiing older x :biggrin:

Ahh thank you everyone I will pop to the whole salers!! I want to get it all off cos I don't want it to end up sticking, thanks for your help x

Surgical spirit works and might be a bit cheaper xx

Put some oil ( baby oil or massage oil) on a paper wax strip and rub it in really well and it should help to remove some of the residual wax and then wash it with really hot water.

Once a week I put all my pot lids and the stands through the dishwasher and the hot cycle gives them a good deep clean.

You will need to get some wax cleaning solution which is great ton clean the pots and the trolley. I like the citrus wax master ones, But all beauty suppliers stock a good range.

Surgical spirit works and might be a bit cheaper xx

The problem with that is that with repeated use it will dry out the plastic and cause it to go brittle and break.

Get some equipment cleaner from your supplier ... It's hardly expensive.

Mat

I use D-Limonene :) Better than any other equipment cleaner I have tried so far :) (Including the hive one... the hive one works but D-Limonene just works quicker LOL)

I use equipment cleaner or eucalyptus oil. Just spread it onto the area and wait a few minutes by the time you come back to it it will wipe off easily and smells great! I too agree with fozzyo, surgical spirit is very abrasive and will damage the plastic over time. X

Latest posts

Back