Removal Product

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toni

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend where to get a good removal product in Ireland. After reading the other posts I see that Acetone is not the way to go.

Thanks

Indistrial Acetone is not the way to go.

All professional product removers are acetone .... just made to be a bit kinder to nails and skin. Buy from your local nail stockist.

Try Salon Service at the Red Cow Roundabout, dublin

Whereabouts in Ireland are you? If you're in Dublin there's also Nail & Beauty Systems, Unit 18, Tolka Valley Business Park, Glasnevin and of course there's Creative Nail Design, which is in Tallaght - if you want the phone numbers let me know and I'll post them.

Jackie
http://www.LibertyNailDesign.com

Contradiction in term that.....

no such thing as a good removal product.

and acetone is a horrible sovlent.....

question? why do you need to do a removal?

if your initial application was good and your products chemistry is stable...

then why put the nails through trauma?

Actually you are incorrect NAG, Acetone is a wonderful, safe solvent and in 20 years of using professional removers in the salon when required I have never seen any evidence of nails or skin being traumatised by Acetone.

Everyone is required to remove product at some time and for various reasons. Even the most gifted and wonderful nail technicians using the most perfect of products. Perhaps you are not a working nail technician or you would surely know of this necessity?

Acetone used when necessary is perfectly safe. Used when necessary means do not overuse it or misuse the product by using more often than necessary. You can have too much of a good thing with anything!

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away" But eat too many apples and you will have a tummy ache.

"Everything in moderation" . Aristotle

Actually, I think Doug Schoon has stated that next to water, acetone is the safest thing a nail tech can use. It's in one of his books.

Rhonda said:
Actually, I think Doug Schoon has stated that next to water, acetone is the safest thing a nail tech can use. It's in one of his books.

You are right Rhonda. The most respected Chemist and innovator of some of the nail industry's most beautiful nail products IMO, can be totally trusted (as he has been for more than 20 years) to give out the correct and unbiased advice about all things related to nails and the chemicals used in all nail products.

It is well estblished that acetone is a safe solvent for removal of nail products from enamel to enhancements. Simililar to any other nail product, it need to be used with knowledge and understanding.

Thanks for the input. I'm in Dublin so I'll try the place in Tolka Valley as its nearer to me.

The reason for wanting to know, is that sometimes clients need them taken off. In this case its for a stay in hospital.

toni said:
The reason for wanting to know, is that sometimes clients need them taken off. In this case its for a stay in hospital.

Of course ... there are many legitimate reasons for wanting to remove one or all enhancements ... not just product breadown or technician's bad habits. Yours is a perfect case in point. You will be perfectly safe using a professional acetone based remover ...

Just follow the instructions and be patient it is those technicians who can't wait, and pull off the last bit of product rather than take the time to do the job correctly and safely, who cause the damage ... for by doing that, they might just as well have pulled of all the product to begin with!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back