Removing a colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pebblesxo

Reaction score
Hey !

I've not been on this hair side for a while since converting to just doing beauty & make up.
I've had manic panic rockabilly blue on my hair since December ( touched up weekly/fortnightly to match in with my clip in extensions for nights out and work ).
I'm now wanting to go back to brown as my hair needs a wee break and I fancy something different, I've been washing this colour out for almost 2 weeks and its barley budged ( I've used vosene, fairy liquid )
I did a bleach bath 3times the other night and my roots are now yellow and my ends are a tealy blue colour ( See picture! )
So many people have said to me including one of my hair lecturers to use colour before ? I've only ever heard bad stuff about this product but i'm at witts ends I have work on Saturday full with clients I need my hair sorted even if its not perfect.
My hair is slightly damaged from years of bleaching etc but no where near as bad as it used to be. I just dont think putting direct bleach on is gonna be good for it.
Any advice is great! I'm wanting to go between a 4-5
Courtney xxxx

Attachments

• 12910219_524332297759645_400828182_n.jpg
    12910219_524332297759645_400828182_n.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 107
Yikes. Ive heard a base 10 with developer (sorry i cant remember which) lifts these dyes out... although i wouldnt be sure if itd work on that looks heavy!

Oh dear! You shouldn't really have bleached it as you will have pushed the colour further under the cuticle layer and it will have stained it so you're not going to budge it much more now.

You can only use a colour reducer like ColourB4 with an oxidising (permanent) tint so it won't have any effect on a direct dye like manic panic.

You could try the level 10/0 with 6% but it probably won't do much to remove it.

Your best bet is to try to cover over it. Use a red filler to counteract the green tinge (Orange if it's more blue) and then apply your rich brown based tint.

I'd do a flat 5 on the roots but ul prob have to pre pig d roots or they will glow and a red 5 with 10vol and hope it kills off some of the red why don't u do a clipping and test it?

Kills the blue I mean

I'd do a 4 with warmth on the roots with 3% then a 5 and warmth in the ends. Good luck

So, Pre Pig Roots, Then a brown with a orangey tone to counteract the blue on the mid lengths to ends and then a rich brown over it all ? xxx

No red neutralise blue so a brown with red pigment will help neutralise it to a more true brown ..I'd say prepig the roots cuz after a couple of washes they will be glowing no matter what vol u use that's what I think

Hope that helps

No red neutralise blue so a brown with red pigment will help neutralise it to a more true brown ..I'd say prepig the roots cuz after a couple of washes they will be glowing no matter what vol u use that's what I think

No, actually, red does not neutralise blue.

[emoji15]

No red neutralise blue so a brown with red pigment will help neutralise it to a more true brown ...

No, look at my Avatar picture. The 3 colours in the triangle are the primary colours.
Blue needs the opposite colour to neutralise it so that's orange not red.
Red neutralises green.
Purple neutralises yellow.

Enlarge my avatar picture and then screen shot it on your phone. You will then have a handy reference if you ever need to double check. :)

Got it sorted, its a bit darker than a 4 than I wanted but then again it might just be because I was so used to being bright blue lol, but i'm happy with it.
Thanks everyone! x

Latest posts

Back