Removing a product you haven't applied

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojo@tranquil

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just picked up a message from someone wanting me to remove bio sculpture gel, I may have that slightly wrong ?! I only offer Opi mani and pedi and shellac.
She seemed to think it was the same removal as shellac , she also wants a manicure after without anything reapplied.
Is this something I will be able to do or should I just say no ? Of course she could be a potential regular, but don't want to try and remove something I know nothing about.

Iv soaked bio off before just like shellac but takes a bit longer! You will get loads of clients asking you for this! X

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I have just picked up a message from someone wanting me to remove bio sculpture gel, I may have that slightly wrong ?! I only offer Opi mani and pedi and shellac.
She seemed to think it was the same removal as shellac , she also wants a manicure after without anything reapplied.
Is this something I will be able to do or should I just say no ? Of course she could be a potential regular, but don't want to try and remove something I know nothing about.

You need to break the surface of the gel with a file, give it a good few swipes but please make sure your client does not experience rings of fire!!

Wrap each nail with a nail pad soaked in D:Solve or some other acetone based remover and tin foil.

Ensure you wrap them nice and tight.

When all ten have been filed and wrapped the first nail should be ready to start removing.

With a silver nail pusher gently remove the gel that is ready to come off.

Do not force the gel or try to hurry it along. If it is not ready, re-wrap and move on to the next nail.

You should have no problem removing Bio Sculpture.

Thankyou both for your replies, that's helpful to know, I just didn't want to get her in and then spend an hour trying to remove and no time for the manicure !

Thankyou both for your replies, that's helpful to know, I just didn't want to get her in and then spend an hour trying to remove and no time for the manicure !

In all honesty you will need to allow 30 minutes for removal and prep.

Hi all,

Shellac rec 10 mins . Bio Sculpture 20 mins for soaking off. It should come away in one like a piece of rubber.

Look hun, it is part of the service. Just find out what you have to do and do it. I have never turned anyone away in my whole career.

Thanks Geeg, just wanted to be sure it would come off with the shellac remover.
Why would I not take advice from all you knowledgable geeks, now I just need to find a slot to fit her in, so busy at the moment !

Thanks Geeg, just wanted to be sure it would come off with the shellac remover.
Why would I not take advice from all you knowledgable geeks, now I just need to find a slot to fit her in, so busy at the moment !

Go you .. so happy to hear it. "Whatever it takes" is my motto and every client is a new client in my book. D.Solve works on anything and it works faster than anything. All gels need buffing first and then it is trial and error as to how long it will take. Shellac is easy in comparison.

Shellac rec 10 mins . Bio Sculpture 20 mins for soaking off. It should come away in one like a piece of rubber.

Hey Pooh, this is what they tell us but in reality how many times does it happen this way when you do a client soak-off?

xx

Go you .. so happy to hear it. "Whatever it takes" is my motto and every client is a new client in my book. D.Solve works on anything and it works faster than anything. All gels need buffing first and then it is trial and error as to how long it will take. Shellac is easy in comparison.

TRUE!!

If only Bio could come off as easy this ... I would be so very happy.

Hey Pooh, this is what they tell us but in reality how many times does it happen this way when you do a client soak-off?

xx

I file the surface first (extra few swips on the free edge)I use CND D Solve to remove Bio Sculpture & it does come away nicely.

I always use mitts & heated bean bag though & leave for 20 mins.
It peels back from the nail bed beautifully.

Don't tend to use S gel much any more, just

1x Sculpting gel
2 x colour.

When I twist the foil half of it is in there too.x

Latest posts

Back