Removing acrylic with nail varnish remover.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi,just was interested to know how long it would take someone to remove a set of acrylics with nail polish remover with acetone in it,i had a new client phone to day for a set of acrylics,whilst booking her in ,she said my friend wants to know how much you charge for removal..shed obviously already had some on..when i replied £10..i heard her say i aint paying that,i ll remove them myself, i then replied how is she goin to remove them herself,she said she will use nail polish remover with acetone in in..wouldnt this take hours?or am i wrong?:rolleyes:

One of my clients went to a chemist (no names lol) and bought the over the counter nail enhancement remover, she said it took her about 2 hours so with nail polish remover i dread to think,
don't worry about it hun, i bet she doesnt ever want to remove them herself again after she has tried it this way lol

Once she's sat for 2 hrs or more & realized its done nothing.... & will continue do do nothing.......... she may at best call you to clean up once she has ended up pulling, prying & picking them off herself.

If these are NSS nails lol..... you'd be beeter off boiling a rock & when it goes soft then the nails are ready to come off [using nail polish remover with acetone in it] No way! No how! is it going to do the job.

She'd need to purchase acetone [ minus the nail polish remover ] from a chemist/pharmacey/supplier.
Decant in to a glass bowl.
Place hands in bowl
Hand towel over it & stay in it for at least 20 - 30 mins
No naked flame - no smoking no candles etc.

OR

Soak cotton balls in acetone
Place on nail/fingertips & wrap with alfoil.
Sit for 20 -30 mins unwrap & clean nail plate.

Let her go! The 10 pound you were asking is nothing compared to the frustration shes about to go through...

HtH

XX J XX

It would be so much fun to be a fly on the wall and watch her try though lol :lol:

It would be so much fun to be a fly on the wall and watch her try though lol :lol:
Haha!! I would pay good money to see that

Yes it would be so funny, please let us know how she gets on!!:lol:
Some people................................:irked:

Hi, yes i will mention it friday eve to see if shes attempted yet ,if she hasnt i ll say well send her my luck ..lol ..:lol:

OMG I see here from a mile nail damage coming on.
Scenario as follows....
she gets the nail polish remover
pours it into bowl
puts he fingers in and waits
and waits
and waits
and waits
and waits some more....
now there are a little soft
she gets fed up and pulls at the enhancements
oh yes they are off and so is a lot of her nail plate
Nail plate removal at its best lol

Then she comes back to you and says: look at my nails
"they are torn to bits" and then will tell all her friends how Acrylic has wrecked her nails:mad:
At this point you can add your tuppence worth and say, yep and for £10 they would have looked fab......professional removal and a mini manicure is the way to go. All I can offer you now is a nice pair of gloves lmfao, maybe say this in your head though......

Hi,just was interested to know how long it would take someone to remove a set of acrylics with nail polish remover with acetone in it,i had a new client phone to day for a set of acrylics,whilst booking her in ,she said my friend wants to know how much you charge for removal..shed obviously already had some on..when i replied £10..i heard her say i aint paying that,i ll remove them myself, i then replied how is she goin to remove them herself,she said she will use nail polish remover with acetone in in..wouldnt this take hours?or am i wrong?:rolleyes:

Did you explain that her 10.00 would ensure that she would have a safe removal and a buff and tidy with oil so that she wuld be pleased with the end result?

Latest posts

Back