Removing Brisa and applying L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffle

Reaction score
I have a client booked in next week who currently has Shellac over Brisa enhancements...well, she has 8 left on out of the 10. She's asked to have them removed and replaced with L&P enhancements.

I know Brisa is a buff off gel, but if I buff and leave a very thin layer of Brisa (as opposed to buffing right down to the nail) will this be ok to apply L&P on to? Would I also need to sculp or would a tip stick to it?

Im thinking a tip would be bulky and wouldnt stick very well.

I would be tempted to do a full removal. If 2 have already come off it might be best to work on a clean slate.

I wouldn't apply a tip if the gel isn't fully removed. If 2 have come off there is probably some form of service breakdown...so best to completely remove it.

you can buff down to a very thin layer and then soak the rest off. Once Brisa is really thin the acetone with help break the bond with the natural nail.

I have a client booked in next week who currently has Shellac over Brisa enhancements...well, she has 8 left on out of the 10. She's asked to have them removed and replaced with L&P enhancements.

I know Brisa is a buff off gel, but if I buff and leave a very thin layer of Brisa (as opposed to buffing right down to the nail) will this be ok to apply L&P on to? Would I also need to sculp or would a tip stick to it?

Tip or Sculpt the 2 she has lost and thin down the others, shorten the length and apply your L&P.

Tip or Sculpt the 2 she has lost and thin down the others, shorten the length and apply your L&P.

Thank you...will it be ok applying L&P on top of the thin layer? Obviously don't want to affect the bonding as I'm assuming I wouldn't be able to use primer with the gel being there?

To be honest I am a little reluctant to remove completely, purely because of filing so far down as it's not something I've had experience with.

Just bumping. :)

Thank you...will it be ok applying L&P on top of the thin layer? Obviously don't want to affect the bonding as I'm assuming I wouldn't be able to use primer with the gel being there?

To be honest I am a little reluctant to remove completely, purely because of filing so far down as it's not something I've had experience with.

I don't know what system you use but I use Young Nails and if I was doing it I would take down the bulk, prep , use protein bond ( even over the thin layer of gel remaining) and carry on with the L&p.

I don't know what system you use but I use Young Nails and if I was doing it I would take down the bulk, prep , use protein bond ( even over the thin layer of gel remaining) and carry on with the L&p.

Great, thank you Rinn. I use YN too so that's perfect.

Latest posts

Back