Removing Creative acrylic.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurab71

Reaction score
I recently swapped over to creative acrylic and my clients & myself are so impressed but i am a bit baffled. When it comes to removing the product, it doesnt seem to budge. Now, i know i am not applying it too thick as we all think they looks lovely & the clients comment on how they are not as thick as the ones from the nail bars. Does anyone have any fantastic, secret remover for the CND acrylic or do i just continue with normal pure acetone...PLEASE.
Laura.x.

I use the product remover that can be bought from CND and if i have run out of that and need some in a rush i go to sallys hair and beauty supplies and buy salon systems tip remover,
i use the method of soaking a nail wipe in remover, placing this onto the nail and then wrap in foil, 20 Min's later it all comes away easily hth

when i used to use creative l/p i did not find it took any longer than other products to remove it.
what process are you using.

Wow. Wasn`t taught that at college. I am gonna try that & get some of that product. I knew there had to be a better solution.Thanks pal.
Laura.x.:)

You are welcome hun
Happy new year x

Sorry if this sounds a bit of a daft question, but how do you apply the pads over the nails before wrapping them in the foil, without spoiling your own nails? :irked:

Happy New Year to you all, btw! :)

long tweezers.

Hey another thing you should be doing- run over the tops of the enhancements with an coarse abrasive, and "rough up" the polymer chains in the liquid and powder, re-removing shine. Then apply Solar Oil, THEN product remover. :)

Thanks, I thought it had to be something like tweezers. Either them or chopsticks! :)

I just do it really quickly hun, it does tend to dull the acrylic but it just needs a quick buff and it is super duper shiny again,
you could always use tweezers to hold the wipe but i just like to get on with it

Hey another thing you should be doing- run over the tops of the enhancements with an coarse abrasive, and "rough up" the polymer chains in the liquid and powder, re-removing shine. Then apply Solar Oil, THEN product remover. :)

This is how I was taught, minus the solar oil. Why do you use it?

This is how I was taught, minus the solar oil. Why do you use it?

just to help protect the surrounding skin from the drying effects of acetone.

Latest posts

Back