removing gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLUSKERM

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have recently done a gel nail course and realise that they have to be buffed off, any tips on what grit to use , and how do you know that you have reached the nail plate? Would be glad of any advice!:)

if its only a really thin layer i wouldn't worry about it as it is hard to tell when its all off you don't want to go and damage your own nails.. i always leave a bit on and let it grow out hth

Hello, thanks for that advice can i put acrylic nails on top of the thin layer?:)

yes hun its no problem xxx

I have recently done a gel nail course and realise that they have to be buffed off, any tips on what grit to use
I use Brisa gel by Creative and find a 180 does the job for removing most of it, then reduce to a 240 as you get closer to the natural nail.
As Kirsty said, you can leave a thin layer on the nail and it's fine to overlay with another product.

You won't find yourself doing many removals, the majority of your work will be rebalancing :D

hth's

Thanks that helps me a lot! It was just i put gels on my cousin and they didnt last , (she always breaks her nails even when acrylic, and even when she has had them done over the years in salons) She wants acrylic on instead so now i can go ahead and now i am doing the right thing, thanks. Do you think she is just heavy handed or could it be nail tecs fault? any tips for clients who always need repairs?

Some clients are heavy on their hands, she would have less breaks if the length were shorter, it could be her lifestyle that's causing it too.
It's important to make sure you have correct apex placement, and also to ensure she has them rebalanced regularly to replace the apex to it's correct place on the nail (for the strength).

Latest posts

Back