Removing gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimSA

Reaction score
I have recently started using a new brand of gel polish.
The gel last quite long and hardly ever chips.

However i cannot be removed using (100%) acetone. It does not lift the gel at all even if its been buffed off almost to the nail.

Any ideas on why this is or alternatives to remove this?

I have recently started using a new brand of gel polish.
The gel last quite long and hardly ever chips.

However i cannot be removed using (100%) acetone. It does not lift the gel at all even if its been buffed off almost to the nail.

Any ideas on why this is or alternatives to remove this?

What‘s the name of the gel polish brand, and are you sure it’s not a hard gel system as opposed to a gel polish?

What‘s the name of the gel polish brand, and are you sure it’s not a hard gel system as opposed to a gel polish?

It is Planet nails. They say it's a polish. See attached picture.

Attachments

• planet-gel-polish.jpg
    planet-gel-polish.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 32
It is Planet nails. They say it's a polish. See attached picture.

Assuming you’re a qualified nail professional, are you following their suggested removal method(s) of this gel polish?

Just out of curiosity, which system were you using before and why did you decide to change?

Some polishes come off easier if you apply a drop of cuticle oil but your best bet might be to contact the supplier as they should be able to help, especially if they are based in the UK

Assuming you’re a qualified nail professional, are you following their suggested removal method(s) of this gel polish?

Just out of curiosity, which system were you using before and why did you decide to change?

We switched over from Gelish, and yes I do follow the suggested methods.

We changed because some clients experienced lifting or chips and wanted to add variety.

We switched over from Gelish, and yes I do follow the suggested methods.

We changed because some clients experienced lifting or chips and wanted to add variety.

As @wowbb has said above, it would be an idea to contact the distributor/educator for some advice on removal of this particular product, as if 100% acetone won’t budge it, then buffing it off may be the only solution.

I've used planet before and never struggled to remove it. Did you put the planet's lastik gel under? What primer did you use?

I've used planet before and never struggled to remove it. Did you put the planet's lastik gel under? What primer did you use?

I did not put lastik gel under the polish.

I've tried both primer and sticky bond, I have acid and non-acid.
All of the products I've used for this are planet's as I don't like mixing brands.

Latest posts

Back