Removing Gelish with Nourishing Remover?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloverhill

Reaction score
Hello! I had a friend visit today who I haven't seen in months & thought it would be nice to treat her to lovely Shellac nails!! She was delighted but never mentioned she had Gelish on until she got here! 😢

I really wanted to do her nails and she had said that when she gets her Gelish removed the do so with tin foil wraps? So I thought the process might be similar to shellac removal so used nourishing remover...... Well, I had to leave it on for 10/12mins and was so tricky to get off without trying to damage the nail, SO, does anyone have any tips for me if this happens with a client?? (Sorry for the rant) :)

Trying NOT* to damage the nail! Oops ☺

I use the cnd remover for gelish as its much more cost effective than the nail harmony one and I leave it 15 minutes and it usually comes off after that time. Sometimes I find I need to re wrap a nail of they are dry but 15 mins usually works

I use the cnd remover for gelish as its much more cost effective than the nail harmony one and I leave it 15 minutes and it usually comes off after that time. Sometimes I find I need to re wrap a nail of they are dry but 15 mins usually works

That's what I used but just didn't leave it on long enough :(
I'll remember if it happens again! Lol
Thank you :)

I think some one correct me if I'm wrong but I believe when you remove Gelish you have to buff the surface of the nail so "break the top coat"

I tried Nourishing Remover the other day to remove what my client said was Gelish. She had it applied at a NSS. After 15 minutes it was barely flaking. I buffed the top layer and then switched to acetone. It took 1.5 hours to remove! She had only been wearing it for 2 weeks too. I suspect she wasn't wearing Gelish. She told me the bottles said Gelish. Anyone know why it wouldn't come off?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

I think some one correct me if I'm wrong but I believe when you remove Gelish you have to buff the surface of the nail so "break the top coat"

That's what a lot of us used to do but I don't find it makes much difference, I think after reading on here many don't anymore.

Thanx for everyone's replies! Hopefully I won't need to do this again haha

You just lightly dull the shine with a fine buffer. Wrap with nourishing remover, after 10minutes, done!

Love the nourishing remover, not as harsh as d solve x

You just lightly dull the shine with a fine buffer. Wrap with nourishing remover, after 10minutes, done!

Love the nourishing remover, not as harsh as d solve x

Thank you :)

I tried Nourishing Remover the other day to remove what my client said was Gelish. She had it applied at a NSS. After 15 minutes it was barely flaking. I buffed the top layer and then switched to acetone. It took 1.5 hours to remove! She had only been wearing it for 2 weeks too. I suspect she wasn't wearing Gelish. She told me the bottles said Gelish. Anyone know why it wouldn't come off?

1.5hrs!! Thats not genuine Gelish then.

There's now way on earth that genuine Gelish would ever take that long!:eek:

Fake product for sure. x

They do a hard gel too - it's in black bottles / pots. This has to be buffed off.

Probably just another fake ...ho hum ...

I use D.Solve for most of my removals .. sometimes Nourishing Remover I do not find D.Solve the slightest bit 'Harsh' because it isn't ... I always use Solar Oil prior to wrapping and I find the time the same mas o menos. Ya pays ya money and ya takes ya choice!! lol

I love D Solve! I was removing Gelish with acetone but recently switched to D Solve after advice from Juicy Lucy. It's so much quicker, I couldn't believe it! I think it takes less than 10 mins and its falling off whereas with acetone it took longer and never seemed to come off so easily. I also use CND Scentsations and Solar Oil. Tried lots of creams but find the CND cams just felt into the skin and don't leave residue or cream on nails.

Whilst on shellac course, I was told d solve is just acetone?

I thought you'd say something like that 😄

Probably just another fake ...ho hum ...

I use D.Solve for most of my removals .. sometimes Nourishing Remover I do not find D.Solve the slightest bit 'Harsh' because it isn't ... I always use Solar Oil prior to wrapping and I find the time the same mas o menos. Ya pays ya money and ya takes ya choice!! lol

So do you just put a drop of solar oil on all the nails prior to wrapping? And it doesn't hinder the re shellac? Maybe I could just put a few drops of solar oil into the actual d-solve bottle? Got me thinking now!

I find a heated wheat bag helps speed the process up enormously and I just use D. Solve

I'm thinking of branching out into the Gelish world. I've ordered a couple of colours to have a wee play around with.

I did buy the cleanser but I notice that CND is deffo more cost effective. What do you find is better for removing the tacky layer?

:Love:

Latest posts

Back