Removing glue bonds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiereid92

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I'm not an extentionist, and I don't want to be. I love clip ins, but hate the bonds. They make job so much harder!

Anyway, my manager had glue extensions and now wants them taken out. We tried a solution that she bought which had no luck. I now have no idea what to do. We tried conditioner, oil but nothing is working. I'm wondering if the only way to do it is melt the glue with the hot tool and slide them out? But then there will be residue of the glue left behind.

I have no idea what to do now and was wondering if there is a magic product that will help us out.

Hope you can help x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Why does she not get the person who put them in to take them out?

Hi geeks

I'm not an extentionist, and I don't want to be. I love clip ins, but hate the bonds. They make job so much harder!

Anyway, my manager had glue extensions and now wants them taken out. We tried a solution that she bought which had no luck. I now have no idea what to do. We tried conditioner, oil but nothing is working. I'm wondering if the only way to do it is melt the glue with the hot tool and slide them out? But then there will be residue of the glue left behind.

I have no idea what to do now and was wondering if there is a magic product that will help us out.

Hope you can help x

Studio 58 do an amazing remover I'm guessing there italian keratin ?? The solution and a pair of pliers it's the best one I have used a part from the balmain gun but that is £180 so bit pricey for a one off x

What solution did she use was it acetone based? Has she tried an alcohol based bond remover. you have to crack the bonds first then coat the bond with the remover and leave for a few minutes the the bond should slide out.

Why does she not get the person who put them in to take them out?
If it's his current boss they are probably in the middle of the ocean somewhere! Jamie works on a cruise ship!

I ave no idea what type of binds they are, I don't think she does either. And the reason she can't go back to the girl that put them in is because she is on a different ship.

I am on a ship but in Miami today, and yes 180 does sound a lot for a 1 off, I was hoping for something around $40. Am I being naive? Lol x

How do you like Miami?

What i learnt in my training is you put the solution on the glue bond then use the hair extension pliers to crush the bond so it weakens then it should become loose then should be able to slide it off ☺

You dont need the balmain gun you can buy the solution and crush them with pliers. But that will only work if they are italian keratin x

How do you like Miami?

It's ok, I had my first haircut today which was really good, nice little salon I found. No one speaks English though, which isn't always a bad thing, Latinos are so good looking :p

This is so much more work than I thought it was. I thought we just had to use a solution and they will come off. Just want her to go to an extentionist lol x

Yes, many of them are!

Latest posts

Back